Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Recipe: Risotto with bacon and mushrooms

I know I have shared my fair share of risotto recipes, I know, I know. But I love it so so much and as Nigella once said in one of her tv cooking shows, there is something very soothing about stirring the rice during those 20 minutes. It's obviously pretty delicious too so that's a rather big big plus. 
There are tons of recipes out there and tons of combinations and ingredients you can use. This one today is the one I first learned to make, my ex partner was a really good cook and he was the one who showed me how to make it. While you can't really tell from the photos this one was really creamy and made for a great single dish meal. 


200 gr arborio rice
1 cup of white wine
3 cups of chicken broth
150 gr of mushrooms
150 gr of bacon
2 tbsp butter
grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp olive oil


Prepare your broth and keep it warm. Chop your mushrooms and cut your bacon. 
Heat in a heavy bottomed pan 1 tbsp of olive oil, place your rice and stir it while coating it well with the olive oil, add the white wine. Stir until all the wine is evaporated. Add 1/2 of the broth at a time over medium heat while stirring. Keep adding the broth for about 20 minutes or until done, the rice needs to be strong of the outside and soft in the inside. Add salt and pepper to taste. 
While cooking the rice, prepare the mushrooms and bacon. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and add the mushrooms, cook for about 5-7 minutes, once they are browned add the bacon and cook for about 5 more minutes or until crunchy.
Add this to the rice mixture (when done). Remove from heat and add the butter, stir well to mix it all nicely. Add the grated parmesan. 
Serve warm.

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious. You have a lovely blog - so glad I found it and can't wait to try some of the recipes!


Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover