Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Recipe: Carrot caramel balls


This recipe doesn't include any kind of caramel whatsoever, but the final texture is caramel like and the whole making is similar to the caramel making so I thought it was an apt name. Forgive me if you came looking for something completely different. 
This is a very special little treat, unexpected. These are not raw coconut balls like the many that I have seen on the Internet (and I want to try!), these are cooked so they are very moorish and a bit less healthy. My friend Cristina from Mamis Kidsen made them and I tried replicating them at home with her recipe.  

Ingredients

(makes a small batch of about 10-15 small balls)

200 gr carrots (peeled and grated finely)
100 gr white sugar 
1 tsp vanilla extract 
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup grated coconut

Instructions

Place in a pan all your ingredients (except coconut) over low heat and cook for about 30 minutes. Make sure you are careful and stir often. You want to obtain a caramel like thick texture that will create threads. 
Let it cool thoroughly. I actually put it in the fridge for several hours. Once cold, make little balls with your hands are roll them over the coconut. 
Enjoy this little treats anytime! Don't get addicted!


1 comment:

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover