Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Recipe: Baguette french toast with plums


I love french toast, love love love it! I could eat it daily if it wasn't because well you know it wouldn't be a healthy everyday option for breakfast! But once in a while I do like indulging and give myself a treat. This time I made the all time classic version, I have shared a few other recipes (with figs and brie and with nutella) but this one is BY FAR my fave! Simple and scrumptious. I used baguette bread and used prunes and maple syrup and oh my the combination was above anything else. SO delicious!

Ingredients
(for 2)

Half baguette cut in 1 inches slices
3 eggs
1 cup of milk
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
Confectionary sugar for dusting
Maple syrup

 Instructions

Slice your bread. Mix the eggs, add the milk, sugar, cinnamon. Place your bread and let it soak thoroughly. You can leave it for a few minutes while you put some olive oil on a frying pan and heat it over medium heat. 
Place your bread in the hot skillet and cook for few minutes on each side until nicely golden. Serve with any fruit you like, confectionary sugar and maple syrup. 

1 comment:

  1. Yum! That looks so good. I haven't made French Toast in ages. You just peaked my interest. Love, Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover