Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Recipe: Simple pancakes


Now now, these might not be the belles of the ball, I get that, they don't look as the bestest ever pancakes, right? Well, they were! Their shape is a bit off and they might look a bit too toasted (you say burned I say toasted!) but with a wedge of butter between each pancake, a bit of maple syrup and some freshest than life strawberries it was the best breakfast ever! 
I looked around for a while for what would be for me the perfect recipe. Last year I made coconut pancakes (those were a treat too, have a look) but I wanted to find a real simple recipe, easy to scrap up and with no buttermilk! and I did find it, where else? at the Martha Stewart kingdom. Here you go.  

Ingredients

(for 4)

1 cup a.p. flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
2 tbsp melted unsalted butter (or vegetable oil)
1 large egg
1 tbsp vegetable oil
maple syrup, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, whipped cream etc etc etc

Instructions

In a small bowl whisk the sifted flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. 
In a second larger bowl, whisk milk, butter and egg. 
Add dry ingredients to the mixture and combine. 
Heat a large skillet  over medium heat and add a small amount of butter or oil using a kitchen towel. 
Use 2 to 3 tbsps for each pancake. Spoon them into the skillet and create a round form with your spatula/spoon. 
Cook until the top of the pancake has some bubbles, turn around carefully with your thin spatula and cook the other side 1 to 2 more minutes. 
Serve warm, with butter and maple syrup or anything else your heart desires!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, this looks incredible!
    I am definitely making these this weekend :)
    x

    www.thecornishlife.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover