Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Recipe: Roasted spicy chickpeas


This is the perfect snack recipe. You really only need to get your hands on some boiled chickpeas and some spices and you are pretty much ready to go. I but the boiled chickpeas ready off the local market but you can buy them tinned or even boil them yourself if you are so inclined. 
You will notice from my photos that I didn't remove those pesky skins they have and you can really tell, the pictures would have looked million times better without the skins but to me they taste just as good, I did however read that without their skin they will taste even better so it's up to you, I just didn't have that kind of patience. 

Ingredients

500 gr boiled chickpeas
salt
freshly ground pepper
paprika/red pepper
2 tbsp olive oil

Instructions

Preheat oven to 175ยบ. Line a baking tray with baking paper. 
Mix the salt and peppers well. Rinse and dry your chickpeas, if you want to peel them, now it's the moment. 
Place your chickpeas in a large bowl and coat them with the olive oil, use your hands, get dirty, it's better! Add the salt mix and rub them well so it goes everywhere.
Place your chickpeas on the tray on a single layer. 
Bake for about 20 minutes until they are slightly golden. Be careful not too char them.
Remove and let them cool before you place them in an air tight container and snack when you feel you want to eat a bag of greasy bad bad bad potato chips. 


If you like chickpeas you should also try the soup recipe I shared last year.

2 comments:

  1. These look so good. I love Chickpeas...Never dawned on me to roast them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will try to use Sweet Sorghum with this recipe, since we only have canned chickpea here in Manila.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover