Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Recipe: Broccoflower fritters


This is pure goodness: green fritters that are chock full with good things for you. I made these with broccoflower because it is what I had in hand at home but you can make them with goodie good broccoli or with cauliflower and I know it will work similarly well with courgettes (zucchinis!). In the second batch my mom added some crumbled feta cheese which makes it more scrumptious!
It's pretty easy, the only bit that is a bit annoying is grating the broccoli and forming the patties but it's so healthy it's well worth trying these. 

PS: these look a bit burnt but fret not, they were delicious all together I just forgot them half a minute too long! 

Ingredients
(for 2 as with leftovers as a side or quick first course/add on)

1 broccoli/broccoflower (I removed the stems for ease)
1/2 chopped onion or 1 large spring onion
1-2 garlic cloves crushed 
1 tsp lemon zest
1 egg
7-8 tbsp ground almonds
50gr grated parmesan
fresh chopped parsley
sea salt and black pepper
Feta cheese (optional)

Instructions

Grate the broccoli. You can use the coarse tooth of your grater or do like me and use your blender (I know!) or even better your food processor if you have one. Place is a large bowl. 

Beat the egg and add it to the bowl where you have your grated broccoli. Add the other ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon or with your hands. Add some feta cheese if you want. If the mixture is too runny add some more ground almond. 

Shape the mix into small patties with your hands. 

In a large pan heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Place your patties well separated between them, you don't want them to get stuck between them. Be careful because they might fall apart! Fry each side for 3-4 minutes. 


Recipe adapted from the Hemsley & Hemsley book The Art of Eating Well
 (also available at Anthropologie)

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this dish before...but I will be giving this a whirl....and I will have to check out the book as well! ;)

    http://vodkaandarose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book is fantastic Jessica, check it out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look delicious, will definitely try. I
    already prepared so many of your recipes. All of them are amazing :) Mel

    www.livingoncloude9.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh so nice to hear that Melisa! I'm glad you like them :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover