Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Skincare update

It's been more than a year since my last beauty post and while not much has changed there are a few new additions and a couple of changes to my skincare routine. 

After long thoughts I received the Clarisonic as a present but haven't used it as much as I should. I use it with the very sensitive skin brush but I'm still slightly scared that I will break out as I have read quite a bit about it. 
What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear your experiences, especially if they are positive (also bad ones of course!). 

I use the Clarisonic with either the Cetaphil Cleanser that I picked in New York or the La Roche Posay Toleriane milk cleanser. Both are great for sensitive skins and the texture is light and fresh. I still use the Shu Uemura oil and the Bioderma water on a daily basis, and I recommend both, you can read my thoughts here.

While in New York I also bought the Kiehl's Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate, I read about this product a lot before hand and most reviews were positive. I was also told it worked well with the Midnight Recovery Concentrate that I love. It has a high concentrate of Vitamin C which helps very much replenish the skin and helps fight the signs of aging. I don't use it daily, because again, I'm a bit scared of my skin being over sensitive so I can't review it 100% but so far so good. 

I also got the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion which works really well. I haven't used it lately but from past experience it works well when there is a spot or two. The Roche Posay Effaclar A.I works in a similar way. They both target punctual blemishes and are not intended to be used as moisturisers or anything similar. 

What are your new beauty products? Have you discovered something you really really love and want to share?

1 comment:

  1. I use cetaphil and really like it! I love first aid beauty's facial radiance pads and serum. They make my skin look so good that I don't even wear foundation!


Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover