Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Athens: Mount Lycabettus


I'm back home now but I still have a few Athens posts that I want to share with you, during my last week in Athens I got to do a few activities that were in my #bestsummerever list, I went to the Acropolis Museum, had a great facial at the Apivita Spa and while not in my original list I climbed the Mount Lycabettos with mom. 

If you want the best views of the city then this is the best place to find them. You can either walk all the way up (and down) trough a path or take the Funicular at the end of Ploutarchou St in Kolonaki. 

We took the funicular and it's quite an interesting experience, especially if like us sat at the very end of the funicular where you get to see the whole tunnel, I wouldn't recommend it if you have fears to heights or enclosed spaces!


The hill has a lovely little church, very island looking, a bar to enjoy a drink and a lovely restaurant with pretty amazing views, perfect for a romantic dinner! Be prepared to find lots of tourists if you go on a summer Sunday evening like we did. I definitely recommend going in the late afternoon hours, the lighting is lovely. 


We decided to walk down instead of taking the funicular, it's a lovely, easy walk in a path lined with plants and cactus. The views remain spectacular. 


 #malibuUK helped me enjoy the #bestsummerever I hope you are enjoying them as much as I did! 

A greek holiday at Sifnos - Part I and II

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover