Monday, September 08, 2014

A Sunday at the Beach


To celebrate that my #bestsummerever is coming to its end, on Sunday we headed to Barcelona's beach for lunch. On my Best Summer List I included a nice meal and while we didn't finally make it while in Athens I really wanted to enjoy a bit of a lovely restaurant.
 We went to the EscribĂ  Xiringuito just a few feet from the Bogatell beach. The restaurant is well known for it's paella and fideua and it's a lovely place to have dinner on a Sunday, albeit on the expensive side I'm not going to lie.

We tried the fried calamari a la andaluza, delicious with lemon mayo and green padro peppers (these are little peppers that are usually served grilled, they taste sweet and are usually one or two bites, one in every few is spicy so it's always a bit of a challenge!). The second starter we tried was the boiled octopus with potatoes with sweet paprika. Lovely, very mellow.

They do lovely rices, usually for two or more people, I asked if they could prepare a fideua (similar to a paella but with a very thing and short kind of pasta, check out my recipe here) and they kindly obliged. Definitely big enough for one, I'm still full as I type!! 


It's still extremely hot here and very humid so my outfit was also on the summer side wearing white and pastels. While this has been a great summer I realised I'm not a summer girl at heart, the extreme heat of Greece and Barcelona are definitely not my cup of tea and I can't wait for fall to arrive. 



Shop the Post


Top: El Armario de Irene | Skirt: Jigsaw | Bag: Michael Kors | Sandals: Ancient Greek Sandals | Sunglasses: Ray Ban




 #malibuUK helped me enjoy the #bestsummerever I hope you are enjoying them as much as I did! 

A greek holiday at Sifnos - Part I and II

4 comments:

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover