Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Recipe: Creamy chicken with peppers


I'm not a massive chicken lover, I think it tastes pretty bland. I'm more of a red meat kind of eater. But this recipe makes me a chicken lover too sometimes, it's not super healthy because it contains quite a bit of heavy cream and feta cheese but for an indulgent meal it is delicious!

Ingredients
(for 2 good portions)

2 chicken fillets cut in small/medium cubes
2 large red, orange or yellow peppers (or small ones like the ones in my pics) NOT green ones
a good amount of oregano
1 packet of feta cheese, about 200gr (among others I like this one)
1 1/2 cup of heavy cream
salt and pepper 
long grain rice to serve with

Instructions

Cook the rice as instructed. About 1 handful for each serving. 
Cut your peppers in stripes and cook for about 5-7 minutes until soft. Don't burn or over cook them, you will cook them later on a bit more. Take them out of the pan and set them aside for later on a towel paper covered plate.
Over medium heat cook the chicken until it takes a white colour, about 5 minutes turning it around. Add 1/2 cup of the cream and 1/4 of the feta cheese in chunks and stir well. Let it cook over low-medium heat. Add some salt and pepper, be careful with the salt because the feta is quite a salty cheese already. Add a pinch or two of oregano. Ad another 1/2 cup of cream and the other 1/4 of feta and the peppers and stir nicely until all is well mixed. 
The trick here is to add the cream and feta and add oregano slowly all the way until the chicken is well cooked, you definitely don't want it pink. If you are unsure, take a piece out and cut it to make sure it's cooked.
Add the rest of the cream and feta and cook until the chicken is done. Serve with rice and enjoy warm.

8 comments:

  1. oooh! this looks yummy...reminds me of my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you end up making it Annie! Thanks for visiting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great way to serve it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaww glad you like it Melissa!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I've just discovered your blog and I love it! I think this recipe looks yummy, however, since you don't season the chiken slices before you cook them, doesn't it get a bit tasteless? Thank you! Xoxo from Brazil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alyne! not at all. One of my problems with chicken is that I feel it's tasteless meat but this is not the case with this recipe. I season it while cooking, I might have not mentioned it, sorry, and the oregano also makes it very tasty!! if you are wary you can definitely season it beforehand!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog and i think i can have a try .
    It looks delicious.
    ==============
    Wonder Beautyis a China Lingerie Manufacturer
    and We also Wholesale Lingerie and Clubwear.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Pin It button on image hover