Wednesday, June 18, 2014

New York: in my belly!

Hello lovelies, I'm back! After a lovely week away in NY, I'm back home with lots of lovely memories of a fantastic city that I always dreamt of visiting. I can finally say I have done it, and I definitely loved it! Such a different city from anywhere else I have lived or visited. It is definitely true that you can do anything in NY, you only need a big wallet and a bi appetite, and that's what this post is about: FOOD! Here are some of my recommendations 

Momofuku Milk Bar - Birthday Cake Truffles
Try to make it to one of their shops. The classic Bday truffles are delicious! If you can't make it but still want to try them you can attempt making them, I might!

A lovely little spot perfect for brunch. They didn't have french toast but have these amazing rosewater waffles with lebanese yogurt and berries! and the cutest little sugar sachets.

Aria Wine Bar - West Village
I read about this little italian bistro on The Londoner and while in the area it was a great choice. I would have loved trying Pastis but it's shut until 2015. very close to Magnolia Bakery if you want a sweet treat afterwards!

Shake Shack - Madison Square and other locations
ooooog my dirty fave! The Madison Square location is perfect in spring and summer with it's fairy lights hanging. Long queues when I went but definitely worth it if you like burgers. Their custard ice cream is quite delicious too.

Cafe La Esquina - Brooklyn
One of the best meals I had in NY! It's a mexican dinner in Williamsburg with a lovely outdoor patio. I had the most delicious ever pulled pork sandwich, still dreaming about seconds!

Factory and store two in one. Dark chocolate made in Brooklyn. It doesn't come cheap but smells and tastes delicious. A must for any dark chocolate fan. 

The Cupping Room - Soho - West Broadway
Another brunch place, also for breakfast, lunch or dinner of course. Big big plates. I read about it on The Frugality.

Katz's Deli - 205 East Houston Street
After a visit at the John Derian store we walked to Katz's Deli. All I knew is that it was a very old deli, when you enter you see a very big room with tables and you get handed a ticket. You order at the till and one of their specialities is their famous pastrami sandwich. A must try indeed.

Union Square farmer's market - North and West side of Union Square
fruit, honey, pastries, vegs anything you can think of!

Phew! Long post but I hope you enjoyed it!


  1. very cool post because you showed us another NY! they are not the classic pics about that city!

    Facebook Page

  2. There is so much good food to be had in NY! My good friend is there going to Columbia now and we always pay Shake Shack a visit when I come in town. It's worth every bit of the wait!

  3. Looks like you had a great time! I'm a big foodie too when I travel & I find you learn alot about the city at their restaurants. A great people watching place!

  4. NYC,what a amazing city that i want to visit one day.
    Cool it is,and thanks for your share.
    Wonder Beautyis a China Lingerie Manufacturer
    and We also Wholesale Lingerie and Clubwear.


Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover