Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Salmon with lentils


Salmon is a super nutritious fish with lots of Omega 3 which is super good for you. I only started eating it a few years ago and now I really like it, especially baked in the oven. Some months ago I shared another salmon recipe (with pesto and crushed potatoes!) and today I wanted to show you something I did over the weekend combining several different recipes I found across the web. I never thought lentils and salmon would work but they do oh yes oh yes. I added a lovely honey mustard vinaigrette and it was delicious. 

Ingredients

(for 2)

2 salmon fillets 
250gr ready boiled lentils (you can buy them and boil them yourself or buy them ready)
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Salt and pepper

For the vinaigrette
1 1/2 tbsp honey mustard dijon mustard (I used this one by Maille (honey dijon mustard), if you can't find it you can use normal mustard and add 1 tsp honey)
2 tbsps olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinaigre
salt and pepper

Instrcuctions

Heat over to 180ÂșC. Season the fish with salt, pepper and drizzle with olive oil (not too much as salmon has natural oils of its own), place the salmon fillets in an oven proof dish and place in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, I like my fish well cooked, if you like it rare cook accordingly. 
Over medium heat place the onions and garlic in a skillet and cook for about 3 minutes until translucent, add the boiled lentils and cook a further 5-6 minutes, mixing well. 

Prepare your vinaigrette by mixing all the ingredients together. Add the vinaigrette to the lentils and mix until all the lentils are well coated. Serve in a plate and place the salmon fillet on top. 

2 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely delicious - I adore salmon and lentils, but unfortunately my fiance is not quite so keen so may need to save this for when he is out!

    www.bluebellandbumpkin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to try it Beccy, it's delicious! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover