Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Recipe: Roasted Peppers Pasta

This is one of Pioneer Woman's easy meals. And indeed, I can attest to it, it isn't too complicated or time consuming, especially if you buy the roasted peppers all done and... well roasted. At my house we roast the red peppers ourselves, well my mom does, so it was a bit more time consuming but we like it as fresh as we can around here. But anyway, I'm sure both ways is real yummy!

For 2

1 large red pepper (check out the recipe on how to roast it and get it ready here)
1 onion (chopped)
2-3 cloves of garlic (minced)
300gr dry short pasta 
4 tbsp butter
1/2 cup of chicken broth
1/2 cup of heavy cream
1/2 parmesan (either shaved or grated, your choice)
Salt, pepper to taste
Chopped parsley 


Chop your onion, mince your garlic and cut into stripes your bell peppers. 
Boil your pasta as instructed, when cooked drain and reserve.
While your pasta is boiling, heat on a skillet 1 tbsp of butter. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes. Add the peppers and cook for 2-3 further minutes. 
Remove the skillet from the heat and transfer the contents in a food processor or blender. Puree your mixture until all is well blended. 
Heat 1-2 tbsp of butter over medium-high heat and add the pureed mixture, add the broth, salt, pepper and stir until heated. Add the cream and combine, stir and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
Add your drained pasta and mix well, add the parsley and parmesan.
Serve and enjoy warm.

and some really pretty closeups of my lovely birthday peonies!

Original recipe adapted from here


  1. Yum! I had peonies flown in for my wedding. Hands down favorite


  2. Katy, I bet it was gorgeous! I think peonies are the best blooms for a wedding!!


Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover