Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Do you Iron your Bed Sheets? I don't!


This is a concurrent blog topic I know. I've seen it at Apartment Therapy where the lovely Eleanor wrote about it a couple of years ago and on some other blogs too but it occurred to me that I wanted to hear your opinion too and share mine too. So do you iron your bed sheets? I confess I don't. I actually don't iron at all, as in AT ALL. Well not exactly true, sometimes when I need something that really needs ironing I used to lay it on my bed an iron it, a bit. I know shameful but I do other home chores for real (I swear!) and ironing is the one and only thing I have said repeatedly I'm not into. So I don't iron my sheets no no, I actually didn't even iron them when Sarah Hogan when to shot my old apartment in London! the bedroom looked lovely nonetheless if I might say it myself (last photo below). 

So here it goes, do you iron your sheets? My mom does and I know it looks major times better but what about you??


 my old bedroom with the NON IRONED sheets! Can you tell? Sure you can!


Via: 1|2|3|4|5

13 comments:

  1. Yes always! While living in London, they came out of the tumble dryer in a huge wad. Now that we moved back to America I still do it (or delegate the task as needed).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Love getting into bed with freshly washed and ironed bedding :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do iron mine, though am not a huge fan of the process. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I confess I own 2 Miele rotary irons ( 1 for our main house 1 for the beach house ) so that I can change the beds everyday and sleep on crisply ironed Sferra sheets every night. Yes....I agree....I have issues

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, I iron them most of the time, but sometimes I skip because obviously it's not the funniest or easiest thing to do and it doesn't help when your bed is huge. If I had to cheat I'd always iron the pillow cases because wrinkles show more there and I hate the feeling of them against my face.

    Don't know if it's accurate, but my mother says ironing helps sheets stay clean longer and prevents their life span with washing. She has convinced me with the "stay clean longer" part of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is a brief video that demonstrates how one can get their linens to look as if they were just ironed --- without using an iron http://www.verolinens.com/how-to-get-wrinkles-out-of-your-luxury-bed-linens-sheets/ . It is easy and quick. There are dozens of "How To" articles on the site - please look around and let us know if you have any questions - Steve, Vero Linens

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO jealous of your habits Carol! Definitely impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't know if it's accurate either but might well be :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha yes I'm sure you aren't Natalia! Which is probably why I skip the whole process all together ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, that's what I'm definitely jealous about (not the washed part of course, I do that!!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tumble driers, argh! I know what you mean, I stopped using mine when I lived in London, I used to hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! I am lucky to even make my bed most days. I actually went with linen duvet so it looks best rumpled. How ridiculous am I?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don’t like making my bed, but I do pull
    my beautiful, high thread
    count
    sheets up every morning. Sometimes though, I just stare
    lovingly at them because I want to crawl back in for the day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover