Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Make it: Coconut Pancakes


Wow this was my first time making pancakes (I know, right?!). A massive thanks to my mum who actually did the hard works (cooking them, aka turning them at the right moment!). I loved them! I had pancakes before, I loved the ones in London at The Breakfast Club and I occasionally in the past I used to make crepes, which pretty much is a similar notion but pancakes never. 


The idea behind this was born a couple of nights ago when I was going through Lauren's Instagram. She was in Hawai for the wedding of the most gorgeous lady ever, Amber (congrats lovely!!) and she shared a plate of macadamia (yum!) pancakes. I did a bit of digging and found several recipes of banana/macadamia/coconut pancakes and finally I adapted this recipe for my Sunday breakfast. 


Ingredients

3/4 a.p.flour
1/2 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup shredded coconut

1 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla

1 banana
Maple syrup
Butter


Instructions

In a large bowl, mix your dry ingredients. (I used cake flour which is why my pancakes turned up a bit thicker than I initially wanted but they were as good, but if you want thiner ones I would go for normal all purpose flour).
Whisk together all the wet ingredients and add them to the dry mixture. 
When all is well mixed (the batter should be lumpy) add the coconut. 
Heat the pan and coat it with butter over medium-high. 
Pour batter 1/4 cup at a time and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, taking care when turning the pancakes. 
Serve warm with banana slices, which you can caramelise, coconut and maple syrup. 

7 comments:

  1. aaaaaw <3 can't wait for one day to eat pancakes together, maybe not in Hawaii but somewhere as pretty for sure!! Miss you and love you too!! Big kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look incredible!!!!! Thanks for the sweet words, gorgeous girl! Can't wait to catch up sometime soon - until then, I'll be dreaming of these delish pancakes ;) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm allllll over making these babies!!! Are they quite sweet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Col they were YUMMY! not too sweet and if you want a savoury quick you can drizzle some chopped macadamia nuts on top. You can share a stack with Chris, it's more than enough for both of you!! :-) let me know if you make them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Amber, these are my homage to you ;P Hope you are well and gully enjoying married life!! Can't wait to catch up soon and CANT WAIT to see all your photos! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Just found these gorgeous "babies". Please can you confirm in your ingredients what is "a.p.flour"?
    Many thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vanessa, it's all purpose flour :) I hope you enjoy them!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover