Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Make it: Banana and Nutella French Toast


Yes another Nutella recipe and another French Toast recipe (do you remember my Brie and fig french toast, oh my that was food heaven!). I'm a fan, what can I say. Tomorrow is World Nutella Day and as soon as I remembered I knew this week I had to bring you another one with this delicious hazelnut spread, I know you love it. 
The original recipe is from Just a Taste, I made a few changes (less eggs, no cream) but all the goodness comes from this delicious blog!

Ingredients

(for 2)

4 slices of 1 inch thick bread
Nutella (enough to cover your bread)
1 egg
3/4 cups milk
1 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 banana
Confectionary sugar to dust


Instructions

Couldn't be EASIER!
Slice your bread. Coat one side with Nutella, place your sliced banana on top and cover to create a Nutella-Banana sandwich. 
Prepare your egg mixture, beat your egg, milk, sugar and cinnamon. 
Prepare your skillet, place a knob of butter, enough to cover the whole pan and heat it over high-medium heat, you want it to be warm not sizzling.
Place your sandwich in your egg mixture and coat well on both sides. 
Cook in your skillet foe 3-4 minutes on each side. 
Serve with extra banana slices and strawberries if you fancy them and dust with confectionary sugar!



More of my Nutella Recipes
And more French Toast

6 comments:

  1. if this isn't heaven, i don't know what is! this is a dangerous recipe to have… x

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as I'm concerned, there can never be enough Nutella recipes. My specialty is eating it straight from the jar with a spoon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hear hear Debby, I used to do the same, 1 spoon after work until I had to put a stop to that yummy habit! Now I only indulge occasionally unfortunately :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha I agree Miho, but for a nice breakfast occasion it's a winner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover