Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Good Bye 2013, you won't be missed

Happy New year friends! This is going to be a bit of a more personal post than what I'm used to hitting publish to so bear with me.

Indulge me if you please.
An ode to 2013
2013, I'm ready for you to go and never, ever, come back. 
2013, you have been a crappy one and it's time for me to say good riddance, go away and stay away.

Wow that sounded well crazy, but I'm well ready for this year to be well over. 
2013 has been a tough one for me and I can only remember bad and mediocre moments. While I'm usually a pretty positive person, I struggle while writing this to remember truly good 2013 moments. 

I'm sure this year that is coming to an end has been good for many many of you and I'm real glad about it. I know it has been a good year for people around me and their happiness makes me happy but for me there is only one thing to say:
2013, you will be forgotten in time, I know it.

One thing that has been good amidst all the crappy things is that it has allowed me to see who I have around me and the immense love I have received by family and friends, and while many don't read the blog here goes a personal thanks because I owe them, big time. 

Thanks to my Mom and Dad, foremost and always, and to my close family, I know I'm always in their thoughts and that's pretty massive.

To my long long time friends, Eli and Anna, for all. To their partners for being there for them and making them happy, their happiness is my happiness, I can only hope for me to find true love like they both did.

To the Marinaki family, my second family as I consider them, Christina has fought for me and my happiness like it was her own, and the kids put a smile in my face no matter what.

To Theo, you cheer me up lady, your energy is second to none and you never give up, that's contagious.

To my London friends, massive thanks, to all of you because you have listened without voicing any complaint and always being there, either quietly or not. To Alix, Peter, Katy, Lucy, Colleen, Chris, Lauren, Toni and Daisy. 

Thank you and thank you to all of you who have been reading this little blog this 2013, I'm sure you have noticed this hasn't been my finest year yet and I hope I am finally on the road to find the right path again.

May 2014 be a better one for all. Happy New Year to all!
 photo ec074c74-9d54-4b09-92ed-b4c82f6e4c97_zps3097f88e.jpg
Cheers to that!


  1. I will not miss 2013 either. We did have a few great moments. Our son finally found a full-time job as a videographer 17 months after his college graduation and my mom had a very successful open heart surgery. However, those events were overshadowed by the sudden loss of my mother-in-law and my husband's job loss. Believe it or not, all those events occurred within a few weeks of each other. 2014.... you are anticipated with very high hopes.

  2. Hugs to you Helena. Hoping 2014 is abetter one for you x

  3. You are welcome to guess. I rather not share too much of my personal life. Happy New Year!

  4. You are such a lovely person Rachie, thank you! 2013 has been an amazing year for you, and your gorgeous little family!! May this 2014 be as good and even better!! Sending big hugs your way xx

  5. Peace off 2013. This new year will be better ;) xx

  6. Helena,

    I know 2013 sucked for you. I remember blogging about my pain and my divorce and people telling me you will meet someone who really appreciates you one day - good will come your way. I shook my head disbelieving because I was president of the man-haters club.

    When I least suspected it, I did strike up an unlikely friendship w/ an older man. He is everything a girl could want and more. You are absolutely lovely, warm and good hearted. Someone who truly SEES you and appreciates you will come into your life when you least expect it.

    The tough times help us to grow and appreciate even the smallest things in life and we really learn to savor the good.

    My divorce is still going on and I have my days where I just need to nap. The key is to allow yourself to feel the pain and then get up and fight for your happiness again. You deserve it. God will reward you tenfold for all of your pain and suffering.

    Love you to pieces. Here's to a great 2014!!

    Deb xo

  7. No worries at all :) I just prefer not to talk about it here

  8. happy new year, here's to hoping 2014 is a better one for you!

  9. I'm sure 2014 its going to be a very very good year!!


Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover