Thursday, December 12, 2013

Paris oh la la (1)

If you follow me on Instagram you probably saw that I was in Paris for a small holiday. I went to visit very good friends and had a lovely time. I got 5 days of glorious skies, beautiful chilly days and got to walk around one of the most gorgeous cities in the world. And while, yes I do appreciate beauty and I while I can definitely appreciate the beauty of the city, brace yourselves as I might upset some of you Paris lovers, I wouldn't want to live there ever. 

There I said it, and it's out there! Paris IS gorgeous but just not for me. Now let me show you all the beauty nonetheless because wherever you look you are stricken by true architectural beauty. Want to join me?

I have now been 3 times to Paris and what impresses me more is the grandeur of it. Paris was largely demolished in the late 1980's and Haussman was the brain behind the modernisation of the city and what we know know and recognise as the typical Paris. 

My friends live in a lovely apartment in Montmartre just a few stones away the Sacré Coeur. I walked the stairs and just like that around the corner I came across the most incredible mountain and church you can imagine. White and majestic like a Queen.

Sacre Coeur Paris

Besides spending quality time with loving friends this trip was also special because I got to visit 2 parisian landmarks I had neglected in my previous trips. I went to see the Tour Eiffel from really really close (we didn't go up but walk under this steal lady) and also walked around the super cute Marais. You must be wondering what I did the last 2 times I went to Paris! I know!

Tour Eiffel
Tour Eiffel
Tour Eiffel from the Pont d'Alma

At the Marais, besides getting lost in the incredible shops there are (hello Diptyque!), climbing the George Pompidou Center stairs to view the gorgeous view (it's free!) and wander around Plaçe des Vosges (hello Victor Hugo!) we also visited L'Eclair de Genie, where yes indeed as the name suggest is a little eclair shop with long long queues and little (yes quite literally!) choux pastries (they were TO DIE FOR!)

Plaçe des Vosges
Pompidou Center back
Repetto Marais
L'Eclair de genie
L'Eclair de genie
L'Eclair de genie

More Paris next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover