Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Make it: Roasted pepper with tuna and tomatoes, easy lunch

Since I started eating tuna this past summer this has become my go to easy and light dinner or work lunch. It requires minimal work and is nutritious and tasty. The real recipe here is the how to make the roasted peppers because putting together this dish is rather easy. I first ate it at my friend Anna's parent house and the balsamic reduction addition is the best! Obviously you could buy the roasted peppers at the store but isn't it always better when you do it yourself, or when mom does it like in my case this time? 

Printable recipe here


(for 1 serving but 3 servings of peppers)

2 large red peppers
1 tin of tuna 
(I'm picky and I like Ortiz Atun Claro which outside Spain you can find in good delis I reckon, youc an of course use any other but hey I love this one!)
A handful of tomatoes (I used cherry, but you can use any kind of tomatoes)
Olive oil (2 tbsps)
Balsamic reduction (2 tbsps)
Sea Salt


Wash and dry your red peppers. Place in a metallic oven proof dish and cook for 30 minutes in the over on 180ยบ celsius. Keep an eye and turn them accordingly so they cook nicely all over. Turn them when dark splotches begin to appear.  
The peppers will be very hot so be careful how you turn them. 
Once all cooked, take them out of the oven and cover in a kitchen roll, the steam will help the skin come out easily. 
Once they are cold enough to handle, remove the stem from each pepper. 
Hold them and remove all the remaining skin. Open them carefully and remove all the seeds.
Slit open the side of each pepper and spread them out (like the above picture). 
You can store them in an air tight bowl for about 5 days with some olive oil. 

For your light lunch you will need to place your tomatoes, roasted pepper and tuna in a plate, drizzle with olive oil and vinegar and sea salt and enjoy.

Printable recipe here

1 comment:




Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover