Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Make it: Nutella and Cinnamon Muffins

Nutella and Cinnamon Muffins

Over the weekend my mom and I made Sally´s Addiction Cinnamon Nutella-Stuffed muffins and they were beyond anything you can imagine! Actually they were just what you were thinking they were: AMAZING! I recently bought a massive jar of Nocilla (the spanish brand of chocolate hazelnut spread) it's a special edition pot designed by Mr. Wonderful and while it's 1 whole kilo I wanted it badly so it meant I had to find some Nutella/Nocilla recipes to make!

Printable Recipe here

Nocilla Mr Wonderful

Ingredients
(makes between 5 and 8 muffins depending on what your muffin case looks like)

1/3 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature (75 gr)
1/2 cup of granulated sugar (100 gr)
1 large egg
1 tsp of vanilla extract (not pictured)
1/2 cup of mil (120 ml)
1 and 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour (190 gr - which makes it a bit bit healthier)
1 and 1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg 
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp of nutella for each muffin (I made 5 large muffins, the original recipe 8)

For the Sugar-Cinnamon Topping
1/4 cup granulated sugar (50 gr)
2 tsps of cinnamon
3 tbsps of unsalted butter (45 gr)

Nutella and Cinnamon Muffins
Nutella and Cinnamon Muffins

Instructions


Preheat oven at 220 celsius and butter or spray your muffin case. Mine wasn't well enough buttered and the muffins got a bit sticky so make sure you don't skip this step. 

In a large bowl, either your mixer bowl or using a hand held mixer, cream sugar and butter until soft, add in the egg, vanilla and extract and milk and beat well all together. 
Gently stir in your flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. 
Sally says not to over mix it here, beat enough to have all your ingredients well mixed together but that's it. Your batter should be on the thick side. 


Now spoon 1 tbsp of your batter in the muffin cavity, top in with 1 tsp of nutella then cover with another tbsp of batter. Do these for all your muffins, I got 5. Sally got 8 which makes me think she probably had a smaller muffin case, mine is quite a big one. 



Bake at 220 c for 5 minutes, then bring it down to 180 for another 13 to 17 minutes. Now my oven is a player and when the 17 minutes were over my muffins were NOT ready so I left them bake for 5 more minutes or so. My advice is to keep checking them after the 13-17 minutes. Each oven will do its own, not a great advice I'm conscious but it really is the best I can say.



Allow your muffins to cool for about 5-10 minutes. While they are cooling you can melt your butter, either in the microwave or in a small pan over medium heat. Mix your sugar with the cinnamon in a shallow bowl.



Take your muffins and dip the top of each of them in the warm butter and quickly dip again into the sugar mixture. The brownish bit you see on my muffins is not a burnt muffin no no my friends, it is the YUMMINESS that is the sugar and cinnamon mixture. 



Eat warm with coffee or tea, or cold at any other moment. 



Nutella and Cinnamon Muffins

Printable Recipe here
Original recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction

7 comments:

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover