Wednesday, October 02, 2013

To Do in London: Wicked


This is a bit of an unusual post for me as I don't tend to review plays but this a bit of a different one as I kind of enjoyed it. 
I have never been a massive theatre fan, and being London the theatre city it is, it really is a shame I don't seem to enjoy it that much. I have been to a few plays these last years and a couple of weeks ago I was invited by Superbreak to watch Wicked. I had heard a lot about it, its was on Glee often (!) so off I went to watch it with my friend Peter. Wicked's home in London is the Apollo Victoria stage. It's a massive theatre, with beautiful props and an incredible mise en scene. The costumes are gorgeous too, incredibly detailed and sparkly and all in all it's a big big show. The actors do a great job, both witches are amazing and the story flows nicely.  
To me it became a bit lengthy but I guess it's a long story and to fit everything nicely it needs to last a bit longer than what I would like.  The story is one of love, friendship and hardship. 

Would I recommend it? Yes, definitely, if you are in London and looking for a fun night out go for it. 


All photos via the Wicked UK facebook page

3 comments:

  1. i still haven't seen this, and i don't know why! i really do have to. love the photos x

    Miho @ Wander to Wonder

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover