Monday, September 23, 2013

Make it: Giant Couscous with Mint and Lemon

This is another no brainer from the one and only Martha Stewart and obviously it did not disappoint. I had it for lunch on Saturday as a main course but could also be a great starter or a salad. I changed a bit the recipe in that I didn't put the cooked couscous in the fridge and I ate it straight away warmish. Delicious! I even made it again yesterday so I could bring it to work for lunch today!

Printable recipe here


For 2 as a main course
300gr Israeli wholegrain couscous (10.5 ounces)
5 tbsps of olive oil, plus more to drizzle
1/4 cup of fresh chopped mint
6 scallions thinly sliced
1/3 golden raisins (I used sultana)
3 tbsps very thinly sliced lemon zest
1/4 cup pine nuts (recipe says toasted I think mine were normal and it worked ok)
2 tbsps of fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp red-pepper flakes
salt and pepper


 Bring a pot with salted water to a boil and cook the couscous until al dente, about 5-6 minutes but I recommend you taste it so you are happy with its texture. Drain and drizzle with olive oil and stir. Let it rest while you prepare your other ingredients. 
Cut the scallions and mint and juice your lemon. 
Combine couscous with the rest of ingredients in a large bowl and stir all together. You can either refrigerate and eat as a cold salad or eat as it is. 

Printable recipe here


  1. this looks delicious, exactly the kind of thing i like to make for lunch or a dinner salad - will give this a go! x

    Miho @ Wander to Wonder

  2. I hope you like it Miho!! let me know when you try it!! xx


Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover