Friday, August 16, 2013

Make it: vertical crab salad


This is such an easy recipe I'm a bit ashamed to share it here however it is incredibly yummy, fresh and perfect for summer so I couldn't pass this opportunity. It's a great summer one plate dinner or could make a fantastic starter. And it's a vertical salad, which can make for a great conversation starter.

Printable recipe here

(serves one)
One fresh mozzarella
One ripe large tomato
Grated crab sticks (surimi) I used this brand and it's also where I got the recipe from
Lettuce
Olive oil, Balsamic reduction 
Salt and pepper



Cut your tomato and mozzarella in slides, I have to be honest, I didn't prepare this will the thought of blogging about but then while cutting my ingredients I thought it would make a good recipe, a quick one and here it is, hence it doesn't look super great (the tower did fall just before taking the pics ooops!)
Place your bed of lettuce on the plate. Prepare your vinaigrette, super easy, just mix your olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper and stir well. Throw a bit of it on your lettuce bed. Place one slice of tomato and one of mozzarella then place some of the grated surimi, align with some vinaigrette. Start over with your tomato,  mozzarella and surimi until you create a small tower with your ingredients. Align with the rest of your vinaigrette and make sure you serve quickly before it falls all over. 
Bon appetit and have a great weekend!

Printable recipe here

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover