Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Make it: Sausage Carbonara

This week's recipe is this Jamie Oliver's Sausage Carbonara. It's also served at his Italian restaurants and makes for a different kind of carbonara. It's probably what most people would like comfort food but I think once in a while a bit of cream and a bit of pasta is a necessity. There's also a bit of lemon involved which gives it a bit of an edge. This a bit different carbonara is a great meal to keep everyone happy and it's super easy to make. 


Printable recipe here

Gather your ingredients:
4 good quality sausages
5 rashed of bacon
spaghetti for 2 (I don't use grams but go by the eye depending on how hungry we are)
100 ml single cream
4 free-range egg yolks
zest of 1 lemon
50 gr of grated parmesan
salt, pepper
fresh flat parsley



Make the sauce first, it's not necessary but you can put it in the fridge for about half an hour
In a big bowl, mix the cream, eggs yolks, grated parmesan, lemon zest, salt and pepper.  


Prepare your sausages, you need to make little sausage balls out of the inside meat. Open each sausage with a sharp knife and take out all the meat, knead it into a ball and make little one out of it. 
Cut the bacon in little pieces and fry together with the sausage balls until both are well cooked and crispy.


Serve with or without extra cheese (Mine is always with lots of extra cheese). 
Yum!


Printable recipe here

6 comments:

  1. This sounds absolutely amazing! :) Definitely something I have to try to cook in my flat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you try it, I'm sure you will love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely will! I've been running out of things to cook for my flatmates but this sounds perfectttttttttt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! I'm going through a major comfort food phase ATM (lots of bread and pasta), it's no good for me, but this is definitely going on my list of things to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks properly delicious :)

    new follower

    xx

    http://www.adayinmywheels.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. only by looking at the first photo makes you want to eat it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover