Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Make it: One Pot Pasta

This week's recipe is a pasta one, one that I first saw on The Londoner's blog (she makes the yummiest recipes ever, this girl can do no wrong!) and she saw it on Martha Stewart's, which means... well it has double good credentials so I didn't think it twice! Technically it's also very mess free as it only requires one pan to get it all done. I love pasta and this is going to become a winner in your culinary repertoire. 

It's a very simple recipe and makes for great dinner. I'm pretty sure everyone will like it, it has a sheer simplicity to it and a very mediterranean feel to it. 

Printable recipe here

Grab your ingredients: 300gr spaghetti, 300gr cherry tomatoes, 1 thinly sliced onion, 2 thinly sliced garlic cloves,  4 cups of vegetable broth, 1 teaspoon chilly flakes, 2 sprigs of fresh basil, salt and pepper and oregano (which I forgot!) and grated parmesan.

What next? Well that's the best part, put everything in one big pan/pot (the spaghetti has to seat flatly so  snap it if it doesn't). Throw is the stock and put to boil. Now, apparently you can either boil it for 10 minutes while stirring (according to Martha Stewart) or you can cover it, bring it to a boil, then simmer slowly for 5 minutes and uncover and keep simmering according to Rosie). According to me you do a mix... I covered it and brought it to a boil but then uncovered it and simmered it while stirring until all the water (or most of it was gone). Serve hot with lots and lots of grated parmesan on top.

How steamy does that look huh?
Verdict? It's yummy and very simple. The whole one pot pasta thing might sound a bit weird but in this case it worked. My pan was slightly on the smallish side so it was complicated to stir without making a massive mess but I'm sure with a deeper pot it would have been ok. MAKE it people it's that good!

Printable recipe here


  1. I have been waiting to see some validation on this! I saw it in Martha and was just like..."how is this possible...". Now I simply have to do it!

  2. looks absolutely delicious


  3. Make it for real, it's that good and easy! I also thought it wouldn't work but it definitely does.

  4. It was!! especially the second time I made it, even better!

  5. Made this with canned tomatoes last week. It's my new fave!

  6. Thanks Rosie! You always share the best recipes! I want to try your ceviche next! x

  7. I made it! Easy, lovely, tasty and actually quite pretty in the pot! Thank you!

  8. Hi Michelle, so glad you gave it a go and liked it!

  9. I've been looking for something like this for a long time. It looks perfect and I'm adding it to my meal list to try out, thank you. xo

    Adrienne | Late Night Nonsense | Bloglovin'


Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover