Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Beauty: Makeup Edit

I have blogged before about the beauty products I like and use. But it felt wrong not to share them again and add some new additions in this Beauty series I'm doing weekly. 
Is this something you would like to see more often? Would you like to see other people makeup bags? This is something I have been thinking about for some time now and I would love to hear your opinions!

From top and clockwise

Bareminerals Original Foundation: Another product I have used for many years now. I don't like using foundation, I hate using creamy ones, the don't feel right on my skin and I absolutely can't stand the cloginess so this light powder is perfect for me. This is light and even in the summer heat it allows me to feel fresh.

Great Lash Maybelline Mascara: Mascara is a bit of my hit-miss. I have tried many pricier ones, but I think my eyes are too sensitive and not all work well for me. Most makes my eyes itch and it's definitely not a great look. This cheery pink tube, while it doesn't do the incredible things other claim to offer, does the job incredibly well and comes very affordable.

Shu Uemura Eyelashes curler: Always wanted it but always thought it was pricey, finally 5 years ago I succumbed and haven't looked back. I think i's value for money so if you are thinking about it, I definitely recommend it. 

Nars Funny Face lipstick: I love the fuchsia/pink shade if it. Not red but still bold!

Nars Laguna bronzer and Nars Orgasm Blush: While I put them like this together I don't always use both. On a  daily basis I usually only use the blush on top of the BareMinerals, but if I'm going out and want to look a bit more sun kissed I love using Orgasm, it was the perfect shade. And I'm a sucker for nice packaging and I think Nars can't be beaten.

Tweezerman tweezers: I kissed many frogs before finding this. I think this says it all, best in the market and comes in an array of lovely colours.

Susan Posnick ColourEyeDefine in Bronze and Copper: I really like this. I love the pencil colour, and the idea behind the dual pencil is lovely. The shadow also works ok, but the reason I really use it is the pencil, depending on which side you sue it, the line can be think or thicker. Perfect.

Lancome Khol pencil in Black: I don't ADORE it but it's a good one. I love kohl but my problem is that it gets all smudgy after a while, it's either the way I apply it (probably wrong) or my eyelids (also possible too). Anyhow, 

Brushes: At the moment I use 3 different brushes

BareMinerals concealer brush: I love the handle and the size, applies my creamy concealer well. I use Benefit's Boi-ing which I completely forgot to photograph!

Real Techniques Buffing Brush (part of the Core Collection and not sold separately) and the Blush brush: I bought these after reading about them lots on man established fashion blogs. Great price and great quality. The Core Collection has 4 brushes, I only use one daily but the price was good (and I got them with my Boots points aka free) so it was a definitely good buy!

Makeup bag is from Paul & Joe, I bought it many moons ago, but they have a similar one here in a different pattern. Fits LOTS of stuff inside and is the perfect companion. A bit too big for your handbag but great for all your beauty essentials.


  1. I love the good ole' Great Lash mascara!

  2. I know exactly what you mean about mascara! I've tried so many and always revert to great lash, plus it is cheap enough to replace regularly and avoid nasty eye infections! Also love real techniques! The brushes are such good quality, and such a bargain!

  3. It´s a shame they don't sell the buffing brush alone! It's my fave!!

  4. i always go back to maybelline mascara. it seems to be the best for my eyes. nothing worse that having your eyes water and puff up because of your mascara. nars has the best lip colors. i use schiap. funny face is next on my list. :)

  5. I'm going to check schiap! love their texture and the stay quite well on! xx


Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover