Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Make it: Oeufs en Cocotte

I have decide to start a new weekly series called Make it. The point of it is to cook one dish and share it with you. Why? Because I'm not that good of a cook and I want to improve so I'm going to challenge myself. I will make recipes that I have seen on Pinterest or other bloggers have shared, photograph it and give you my two cents and final verdict. I have also created a board on Pinterest where I will pin the recipes I will make. Hope you like it and hopefully you will let me know commenting what you think. Wish me luck! 
***
The other day I click something and got myself on Alex Loves, Alex is a super well known London based blogger and always showcases the best fashion, food and anything lifestyle and on trend. I looked around a bit more as it had been a while since I had visited and found a recipe I really really fancied: Oeufs en Cocotte. 

Printable recipe here


I gathered my ingredients for two.
 4 organic eggs, 1 large leek, 1 big portobello mushroom, spanish chorizo and some bread and off I went to make brunch/lunch on Saturday.



The recipe is super easy, I mostly followed Alex's recipe but also checked other Oeufs en Cocotte recipes on Pinterest too see what others do (some put the ramekins on a pan with water in the oven so wanted to check what was best, at the end I didn't).

Oeufs en Cocotte recipe
Oeufs en Cocotte recipe
Oeufs en Cocotte recipe
Oeufs en Cocotte recipe
Oeufs en Cocotte recipe

How to: It's super easy: Warm up the over on 200ยบ, chop all your ingredients (minus the eggs of course!), fry softly (no oil, butter needed and the chorizo has enough oil in its own). Once cooked divide into your cocottes (or ramekins) and crack 1 (or 2 eggs if you fancy and your mini cocotte is big enough) and put it in the oven for 10-12 minutes (if you want your eggs well done leave it 3 more minutes). Salt and pepper and enjoy with warm bread. 
Verdict: YUM! here is what is left at the end!



Printable recipe here

12 comments:

  1. Ivebeeeaning to try eggs this way since Rachel Khoo did them on the little Paris kitchen (so for ages!), they look delicious! Looking forward to this series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helena, so happy you love my recipe! Yours look absolutely DELICIOUS! Alex xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alex, it was delicious! thanks for sharing and for inspiring me to make it, it's going to become a weekend staple at home! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You MUST try them, they are yummy!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sammy! I'm glad you like the idea of the Make it Series. I hope it lives up to the expectations xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should make sure you clarify for you American readers that you are heating your oven in Celcius and Farenheights. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia! you are absolutely right! I'll make sure to add it in the future! Thanks for raising this with me

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love your blog though- I usually get tired of some and start reading others, but I have stuck with yours for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Julie, that's a massive compliment!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liesl, it's really yummy, let me know if you try it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made this yesterday and it was great! Thanks for posting, I had ouefs en cocotte a while ago at a restaurant and wanted to make it myself (it was too salty where I went), but somehow with the cocotte it looked intimidating. I don't eat chorizo so I just used a bit of oil in the first step and skipped it out. Next time in place of the extra flavour from the chorizo I think I'll try sliced black olives.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover