Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The retro bikini

I walked by a Topshop earlier today, popped it and went straight to the swimsuit section, I was looking for a specific bikini: a high waisted retro-ish bikini. I tried it and unfortunately it didn't work for me but I still love the look. I think it looks really pretty on slender girls, it accentuates the lovely waist and gives a very classic yet sexy look. 


This photo by Lou Mora of his wife Sarah is probably my favourite look. It's a Mara Hoffman little number and unfortunately I haven't found it anywhere this year or anything similar. 


Luckily for those of you on the lookout for this kind of look, there are many gorgeous versions.



Photos Via: 1¦2¦3

4 comments:

  1. I love the look of a retro bikini, but I feel like I couldn't pull it off... Sad face.
    xo,
    Lindsey

    www.caviartaste.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorites! I have a couple similar myself! So much more comfy and flattering!

    grace
    http://herumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these looks. I've always wanted a Mara Hoffman bathing suit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that kind of swimsuit. Great post!
    I'm a new blogger girl: http://love3-lov3.blogspot.com/
    xoxo,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover