Monday, March 18, 2013

Things I loved these last days

I spent most of the weekend indoors sorting out stuff I love but don't use/wear anymore, stuff that someone else might enjoy. An uneventful weekend but a relaxing one which is always welcome especially in this London weather. 
I also realised that if I dont' post an outfit post on Mondays it makes sense to post things that I found, read and loved around the WWW during the weekend. Makes more sense than doing it on Fridays, at least to me, as during the week I don't have that much time to browse the pretty Internet as much as I would like. 
***
These 2 looks are very different, but have something in common: beautiful classic elegance. The maternity look is just perfect, sometimes moms to be struggle to find the balance between comfort and beauty, I think this kind of outfit balances it perfectly. 
Anna of See Jane fame always looks polishes and immaculate. a bit like the perfect american next door girl, but incredibly stylish. 


I learned hot to create Chalkboard art on Picmonkey and I like it, it's super easy! Check out the tutorial at House of Hawthornes.


Girl crush alert (again!). I know this is a bit of an older photo (2011) but  Jennifer Lawrence looks incredible here. A real beauty with a real body.


Did you have a chance to have a look at the photos of the Afternoon tea I organised at home some time ago? It was featured at the Laura Ashley blog. Some ladies at the LA Facebook page pointed that my cake was burnt and the edges had been cut off. It made me laugh cause it was indeed true, I'm no baker, and made me wonder: do some people have so much free time in their hands?
Anyhow, it was an honour working with Laura Ashley on this!

4 comments:

  1. Love the first two outfits! where did you get the maternity image from, so stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica hi!! its from The Northern Light, I added the link now but here it is :) http://the-northernlight.com/?p=48885
    hope you are well!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those outfits are amazing- and I thought your cake looked cool with the edges trimmed!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Alice, that's so sweet of you! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover