Monday, February 25, 2013

Lounging

Besides going to a friend's house for dinner and spending a bit of time at the gym, I spent the rest of the weekend at home, this made me think about lounging and what we wear at home. So today I want to discuss something with you and hear your opinion. Since very young, during the weekend I would wake up, and if I didn't have plans, I could easily spend the whole day in my pj's. At my friend's house this was not an option, jeans were the casual outfit to spend the day at home. I never necessarily understood it until yesterday really. Spending the day in your pj's makes you feel low. Getting dressed, throwing on a pair of jeans and a top, brushing your hair and becoming presentable made me productive and filled me with vitality. This might sound like a "duh" moment, but I know I'm not alone, many of you, I'm sure.

And my question is, what is your home uniform? Do you wear your jeans and a shirt? Loungewear? Sweats (lots better than wearing your pj's I realised but still can become too lazy)? Do you wander around in your pj's? Share share! I know that from now on, if I'm to spend the day at home I will definitely try to make an extra effort and get dressed, I never felt better!

Hush linen sweater

Happy Monday loves, and have a great week!
Via: 1|2

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that model in the 2nd picture looks AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't spend all day in my pi's, I feel so low. I prefer to put on my jeans or leggins, and do things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often change my top and keep my pj bottoms on. As long as I brush my hair, put a bit of make up on etc I feel fine that way

    I don't like to wear pjs all day with no effort put into my hair and face etc though, on those days I just feel a bit grubby x


    www.charlotteswebblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first thing I do when I know I'm in for the rest of the day is put on some comfy loungewear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all about yoga pants. That is one of the perks of living in Orange County, CA; it's acceptable to wear yoga pants out since everyone is so workout-obsessed. :)

    XO, Rachel

    With Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't stay in my PJs all day- it's not something I ever did as a child, and I just feel a bit gross if I do it now! Quick shower, and just any normal clothes for me, even on a weekend...! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to stay in my pajamas all day whenever I wasn't going out. I try not to do that anymore, though. I like to go out and do something everyday, and I find it easier to go do something fun when I have already taken my shower and gotten dressed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like to get dressed but I have to layer a lot to stay warm in the house. I wish I could lounge in my beachy outfits like when I lived in Hawaii.

    :)
    Bonnie Rose | The Compass Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Pin It button on image hover