Friday, February 15, 2013

Light in Mykonos: a yoga retreat

I know many of you are interested in leading a more healthy life and love to travel so when I heard about this Yoga retreat in Mykonos, Greece I had to share. This is without a doubt a once  in a lifetime trip! (or maybe twice or yearly if you love it, which I'm sure you will if you decide to take part!!)

Danai Kougiouli yoga

Danai  Kougiouli is the pretty blonde on the left, great body? I think so! Danai is  former competitive runner and has been practicing yoga since very young. At some point in her life she decided to leave behind her office job and dedicate herself to what she loved, being a yoga teacher. And you know what they say, if you do what you love all is worth it! Last year Danai held her first Jivamukti Yoga retreat in Mykonos and this summer she is doing it again. I think it's a pretty fantastic way to spend a holiday and I couldn't wait to share! 


The retreat is called Light in Mykonos and lasts a week, from the 2nd to the 9th of June. The retreat includes luxurious accommodation at a gorgeous villa with panoramic views, daily guided meditation and yoga practice and above all a fabulous time at one of the most gorgeous places in the world. Can you imagine waking up in this gorgeous villa, with these amazing views and then putting your body and mind to work with a world-class yoga teacher? I definitely can!

Yoga retreat Mykonos
Yoga retreat Mykonos
Yoga retreat Mykonos
Yoga retreat Mykonos
Yoga retreat Mykonos
Yoga retreat Mykonos

If you are in London you should definitely check Danai's yoga classes
Yoga is a great way to keep both your mind and body fit. Being healthy (check this bmi calculator
to make sure you are healthy) , and leading a balanced life is paramount to a life well lived and yoga as I'm sure many of you can vouch for, can definitely help!

15 comments:

  1. That looks ah-MAZ-ing! Too bad I live in Los Angeles, or I'd check out her classes. I can't even imagine how awesome Greece + yoga must be... you're so lucky!

    XO, Rachel
    Withlove-Rachel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woa, that looks so relaxing & gorgeous! Love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god this sounds amazing. I LOVE yoga (not that I do it regularly) and I am dying to go to Greece. Wow! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would def meet up in Greece for a yoga retreat.

    xx
    B
    The Compass Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pics..

    http://lttreasure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im taking up Yoga! your post gave me the extra push! oh i love that lace!

    http://eversorestlessly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenni this is exciting news! Hopefully you enjoy it! Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh I wish I could take you all to Greece, such a great place to host a retreat! You should definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alice, you should definitely have a look at Light in Mykonos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not going Rachel, I wish, it looks like an amazing trip and a beautiful life experience!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely. My best friend and I hate sports (no exceptions) with a passion, but we were getting kind of chubby. Since we are still kind of young (both 27) we did wanted to do something about our declining flexibility. So we started doing yoga @my place once a week with the YouTube videos of Tara Stiles and... we love it! Yoga is so relaxing, yet powerfull. The perfect sport for sporthaters! And imagining doing yoga in this environment... Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow...a really wonderful place. I would like to share about our profile that we provide special
    yoga
    retreats
    in foor hils of Himalaya and beach of goa, that was also a wonderful place for yoga retreats. i really glad to see your post and lloking forward to the nect post to get the better ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our Silent Meditation Retreats for the Awakening of the Spiritual Heart are a unique opportunity to bring more Happiness, Peace, Joy and Love into your life and get a deeper understanding of your real nature.

    yoga retreats !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover