Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Slow Down

Hello to all the new readers, I don't think I say it often enough but I find it fascinating that people come here daily to read all I have to say, thank you. I'm a lucky lady.
Some of you might have noticed that I don't post as often as I used to do, or better said that I don't post daily religiously. You might wonder why. The reason is that I have decided to slow down, look at blogging from a different perspective and take it easier. 
I know you might have read about this on other blogs, and yes I was definitely inspired by many others to slow down, take a perspective view and only post when I felt I had something good to blog about. 

Slow Down print by Katie Daisy

What does that mean? I love blogging, it has been the most incredible creative outlet I could have ever hoped for, the love I have felt is beyond what I could have imagined and I have even made good friends, I would never look back and I hope I will continue to blog forever and ever. What it means is that lately I have been feeling a bit uninspired, I think it happens to all of us. With the boom of Pinterest and the overload of beauty sometimes taking a  step back is the way forward.


Let us enjoy this fleeting moment Design by gobennygo

With my upcoming wedding upon me and a demanding full time job and personal life it is not always easy to find the time to be inspired. This however doesn't mean that blogging will stop. No no, not al all! This means that I want to take time to research, curate, make content. And all this takes time and effort and love and attention and I want to be able to offer you just want. What does it actually mean, I have been dragging this forever and please excuse this long post, I'm not one to write much and if you made it this far I am incredibly grateful. This means I might post less often from now on and don't feel bad about it as I do now. I hope you understand and keep coming for more because I definitely have lots more to show you around here!

Slow Down quote

Via: 1¦2¦3

14 comments:

  1. I'm one of those new followers. It IS important to slow down and be in the moment. I do look forward to seeing future posts though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is so important to be in the moment. I have spent far too much of my life worrying about the future and not enjoying the now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say quality over quantity for blog posts anyday. Slow down, enjoy life, and be inspired. I'll be coming back for more : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful. And we'll be here for those posts whenever they come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what a lovely blog I found here!!Of course I want to be part of the lovey people that follow you!Any picture, so full of joy and details make me dream! Hope to make you dreaming too at my Italian country house: http://ce-que-je-aime.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quality over quantity, that's what I always say! Looking forward to reading your new posts, and to seeing you on Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just take your time <3 I agree with Eleanor, quality over quantity ^^

    Caroline
    Please feel free to join my giveaway : $80 MsDressy Gift Voucher
    http://missoline.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will always stick around and enjoy your posts when you do post! I have been feeling the same way. I think we started around the same time. Sometimes it feels like you've said it all or posted every image out there. I don't like to post just for the sake of posting - it's boring. I want to be able to say something important or share something that truly excites me. Totally understood - it's like you read my mind! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. exactly that Debby, sometimes my mind goes completely blank!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same here Eleanor, looking forward to it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hear hear Hannah, we miss so many now moments! Life goes too fast sometimes and we completely forget it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome Rachel! I hope you stick around and enjoy what you see

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love reading your blog and will be reading however many posts you do! I have also dropped a few posts and I don't think the readers suffer and it gives me a bit more inspiration time xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dear, you should do what makes you happy! It is tough to step away, but we all have limited time. Have fun wedding planning!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Pin It button on image hover