Thursday, January 03, 2013

Christmas table

yes, I'm well aware that Christmas is well over and that I should get over it and move one. And trust me I have. I'm looking forward to fully enjoying this new year but before that I wanted to share our little Christmas table with you guys. We had a small party of friends over and N made a yummy Christmas meal. I was in charge for setting up the table and here it is! White linen and blue vichy are not very Christmas(y) but worked well for the modern look I was looking to achieve. I also used our long water glasses that I got recently from Argos from the Habitat collection (when I was asked if I wanted to work with Argos on styling some bits of my home I was thrilled to learn they now carry a lovely selection of Habitat stuff, I have always been a fan of both brands so it's a great match!). I finished the look with little votives, we will use them for our wedding and it was the perfect occasion to make sure they last the 10 hours they are required to. 

4 comments:

  1. I really love the blue gingham with the mint rimmed plates...something quiet and wintery that seems just right :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the place-settings and your dining chairs are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helena! I'm getting back into blogging and am excited to get back to reading your lovely blog! It looks like you had a nice holiday season -- I really dig the combined elegant simplicity and bright colors of your table setting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Pin It button on image hover