Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: The quest is over

And the quest for the dress is now over! Oh I didn't expect to say it out loud so relatively soon but there it goes; On Saturday I called the jenny Packham store and placed my order and let me tell you while it is extremely exciting pacing that amount of money on an order is also very very intimidating! But I couldn't be happier, my dress is THE dress I saw back when I first started thinking about our wedding, waaaay before actually deciding to get married and way before anything was even planned or set. While I did try on other dresses I kept thinking back of THAT one and you know what they say, the ONE stays with you, right? I don't have any close friend who has been married so I don't know exactly how others found their dress, what their emotions were, and how they felt after when they found it and bought it. Me I felt like screaming, OMG I'm really getting married! Please do share, I would love to hear your experiences. 
{Some of the incredibly gorgeous brides who also wore a Jenny Packham dress (not mine though!) pretties?}


9 comments:

  1. LOVE the sheer backs on the first two! Definitely how I want my dress to be- simple and whimsical! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this designer!! Absolutely stunning. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love Jenny Packham dresses. These are all such beautiful fabric confections! Love x

    ReplyDelete
  4. never a bride - but WOW she does make gorgeous gowns! - i would think longs you don't wanna take it off and ur mind can't stop thinking about "it" - then IT'S the one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is absolutely gorgeous Helena! looks heavenly...ethereal. You will absolutely look stunning in it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaaay! When you know, you know! I also bought the first dress I fell in love with, I knew exactly what shape I was after (not strapless) so it was a fairly easy process to eliminate! But you definitely get a feeling when you try on the one! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. i can't wait to see yours. you are going to look so beautiful! i love jenny packham. her dresses are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just so exciting! Sounds like a very similar experience to my dress - I also saw it in a magazine and just couldnt get it out of my head! My friend recently wore Jenny packham Luna and she looked stunning! You are going to look so beautiful! 2013 is going to be a gorgeous year for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore Jenny Packham dresses. I ended up getting the dress I had always envisioned myself in too (way before we were engaged). I ended up with a lace backless Pnina Tornai. It made me feel amazing. I did have a little anxiety after I continue seeing dresses on Pintrest- thinking OMG did I pick the right one?! Is that prettier!? But I couldn't be happier with my dress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Pin It button on image hover