Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Dried Hydrangeas

A couple of weeks ago I went to the flower market here at Columbia Road with my dad and I bought a bunch of green hydrangeas. Hydrangeas are incredibly stunning, I'm contemplating having them as the main blooms in my wedding. Anyway, I had them in the kitchen and they looked stunning. On Friday, when I landed I went to my friend's house, which is super stylish by the way, and Eli had a several dried blooms of hydrangeas in her living room. I have always loved dried rose, by grandpa used to dried bouquets for me and my mom,  but didn't immediately think of dried hydrangeas and I was oh so wrong, look how gorgeous they look in these photos! There is a great tutorial about hoe to properly dry them here. I just removed the water but I'm would definitely try it the proper way next time.


Via: 1 2 3 4 5

12 comments:

  1. I just love hydrangeas! Didn't think about drying them. Thank you for the idea. These are beautiful:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have hydrangea bushes on our backyard, and they are my favorite.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hydrangea. Lovely post.
    xoxo
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! I also wanted hydrangea but florist advised against them for my bouquet as they don't do well out of water for long periods of time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooow this looks amazing! Very very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so pretty! I love the link to how to dry them out - thanks, hun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hydrangeas are my favorite flower, and my mom always dries them out and has them around the house... I love it!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. In Spanish "hortensias". They are my favorietes flowers with peonies. Both of them are romantic and very nice.
    All the best from Madrid.
    PD I love your blog, is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally agree, hydrangeas are beautiful. I had them on tables at my wedding, and gave small bushes as gifts (you can see blog on my wedding here! http://www.angelinthenorth.com/2011/09/12/real-wedding-anna-and-mat-first-anniversary-of-our-perfect-wedding-day/). Enjoy planning your big day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know it's off topic but how cute is that boat in the last photo!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Pin It button on image hover