Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Maria and Marc

Today I have a little treat for you. It's not every day that I can share a wedding of someone I know so I'm very excited about it. Maria is my best friend's cousin in Barcelona and I was very happy to learn she was getting married to her long term boyfriend. Maria is super stylish so I knew her wedding would be a reflection of her bubbly personality and super style. And it didn't disappoint. All photos are by Natalia Cedres


Maria and Marc got married last June at l'Ermita de Sant Elm in Sant Feliu de Guixols in Catalonia. A breathtaking location. maria looked incredibly gorgeous in a Cortana dress and a veil from l'Arca de l'Avia in Barcelona, a true institution if you are looking for antique veils, and other beauties. it's also where most of the Titanic costumes where found. 


The incredible Church. The whole wedding was full of little details, like parasols to help their guest stay cool under the afternoon sun. The couple left in super style. Maria's family has owned this Citroen Mehari for as long as I can remember them (and I'm sure long before that too!). It was beautifully decorated with Twenty Violets straw baskets and baby wreath. SWOON!


The dinner was served at the Hotel Castell d’Empordà, a very special place. Salvador Dali, the great artist, fell in love with this medieval castle and wanted to buy it back in time. He failed and now the castle is a lovely luxury boutique hotel where they also celebrate weddings. My favourite parts? Their flower arrangements and centrepieces by Bao Bap 
where white and green hydrangeas mixed with other blooms. The chairs, look at those chairs, so not our typical wedding seating! and the super cute  wedding favours, custom made bracelets by Twenty Violets


How yummy does that look?
In Catalonia (and in the rest of Spain) the tradition is that the bride gives her bouquet to a loved female person. Maria gave it to Eli, her cousin and my lovely best friend. How pretty is this picture of them together?

18 comments:

  1. Oh, she's gorgeous. How very cool that you know her. Dream setting, dream dress and love the tradition of handing the bouquet to someone rather than tossing it at random. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is gorgeous! I adore the Bride's dress & the Bride's bouquet tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning wedding! I love her dress, it's so classic.
    http://www.larcadelavia.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops! My comment cut off. I said, "I have to visit the website to check more out!!" :)

      Delete
  4. wow!!
    Really love everything on this wedding from the brides wedding gown, the wedding ceremony, their reception, decorations and etc. They planned this wedding very well.
    Congratulations and best wishes to the newly wed!! God Bless :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything in the wedding is just so elegantly stylish. I love the chairs and the table setting decor, they're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness me, H, this is beautiful! The location is breathtaking, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW!

    Her dress is just breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg what a beautiful wedding!!
    love your blog, huge inspiration I've just started mine!

    www.kellyjade.co.uk

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't get over how beautiful her wedding dress was! It's perfect and simple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barcelona is SO dreamy... so is this wedding. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gosh, everything about this wedding is beautiful but I am floored by how gorgeous that church is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely! she looks like she could be a missing Middleton sister!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It all comes together so beautifully. The bride is so gorgeous, The decoration is lovely and just amazing. I wish I had that kind of wedding too. Just kidding.

    2 storey home builders perth


    ReplyDelete
  14. Vaya estilazo que tiene la novia!!! me ha encantado, simplemente fantástica. Besos!
    The bride is simply wonderfull!!!! Besos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She's definitely a beautiful blushing bride who deserves to be happy!;)The venue is very relaxing and the wedding ceremony supplies are simple yet elegant. By the way, can you tell me what's the name of that drink?;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover