Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Fashion History and the V&A

Remember how I told you I would be visiting the V&A over the weekend? I did and it was definitely a very interesting visit. There is a free part, the newly opened Fashion Galleries, that showcases clothes from 1750 to our days. There are some stunning pieces in this collection, like the wedding lace made of Brussels lace and gorgeous dress very reminiscent of Downton Abbey, for all of us fans. The red 1950's Dior is an incredible piece of fashion art. (apologies for the not so great Iphone pictures)


I took some sneaky pics of the Ballgowns exhibition. There were beautiful contemporary gowns from Erdem to McQueen. The best of british fashion was represented.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! I love museum exhibits like this. There's a great one at the Chicago History Museum with some really cool dresses like these. Happy Monday!
    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really want to go! Looks so cool. Did you love it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover