Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Downton Style

I didn't watch Downton Abbey while it was on tv, I must admit it. There was something else on TV at the same time that back then I loved more (Spooks). I watched a couple of episodes of series 2 when Spooks was over and the Xmas special, and I liked it. I liked a lot and went and bought the 1st series in DVD but never got around to watching it until now, thanks Lauren for prompting me. Obviously I love the stories, the era, the wit and sacrifice but I also love the outfits. Especially the evening gowns, oh to wear sequins, sparkle and tule! Dresses from that era, well conserved evening dresses are hard to find, but can be found, check out some gorgeous pieces that could be out of the Downton Abbey set. 

Via: 1|2|3


  1. I'm just about to start downton abbey tonight in fact! Such perfect timing :) Hope you're having a good start to the week! xoxo

  2. My girlfriend was telling me about this and I couldn't remember the name.. I want to watch the series!

    Have a good week!

  3. I love these gowns! Especially the second one! I really dig the green color.

    Follow me:

  4. Loving the bow in the back!! xoxo

  5. I love that series. I am so stoked for season three. :)

  6. These gowns are beautiful, and the show is definitely a favorite!


Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover