Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Debby's favourite holiday

Hi, it's Debby from Inspired Design and I'm thrilled to be visiting the adorable Helena today and sharing my dream vacation. I know it's cliche, but I'm going to go with Paris. I've already had the privilege of visiting Paris once before. The week flew by in a fleeting 5 day haze in which I bounced back and forth between a harried state of jet lag, and overwhelmed excitement. In my dream vacation I would spend an entire summer living in Paris as a locale. I would absorb the city and all of it's magic at a leisurely pace. I would rent a beautiful parisian apartment with views of the River Seine, the Left Bank, and Notre Dame.


My mornings would begin with flaky croissants, fresh fruit, and rich mugs of steamy cafe au lait. I would spend my days soaking in the culture, capturing it on film, buying fresh flowers from the market, and enjoy picnics that consisted of fresh baguettes, creamy wedges of cheese, and juicy strawberries. Art museums would be absorbed at a leisurely pace, I would lovingly choose a pair of Chanel flats from Printemps, and spend rainy afternoons indulging in hot chocolate at Angelina. I would eat warm Nutella crepes from street vendors, treat myself to colorful Macarons from Ladurée, flirt with all of the French men, and people watch from my chair at outdoor cafes.  I would ride through the Paris streets on a Celeste Blue Vespa, scarf blowing in the wind, humming softly to myself. I would stop at every cathedral to take in the magnificent architecture, and give thanks for all of life's many blessings. I would simply KNOW that I was experiencing Heaven on Earth and revel in every single second, enjoying life to it's fullest.
 Care to join me? Where would your dream vacation take place?

12 comments:

  1. Ahh Paris; yes this is definitely my dream holiday destination too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paris for me too!

    http://jessica-paperdolldiaries.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for having me Helena!! Hope you are enjoying your time in Greece, which by the way is #2 on my list for dream vacations!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so amazing! Hehe. I am going to be an Au Pair in Paris come October and I am so excited. It definitely won't be a glamorous job, but I'm so hyped about being able to live in PARIS for 6 months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that would be amazing! I love the idea of renting an apt vs a hotel

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds absolutely amazing! i am going in march and just bookmarked your "dreams"! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debby! all I can say it ditto!! It sounds simple, relaxing and complete heaven!!! xo C. (HHL)

    P.S. thanks for introducing us to Helen!! great blog!! ~HHL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Debby and this is so her! I would definitely go back to Scotland... and never come back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderfull blog. I`m so glad if you visit my blog!! That today im you folower!!!
    www.soltantouno.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the bedroom. it's really interesting to see how people design small spaces

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Debby you know I'd join you in a heartbeat! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover