Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Beautiful Paleokastritsa

Coming back from a lovely holiday is tough, so to grab the moment a bit longer here is another Corfu post. Some of you asked me to take lots of pictures, I have to be honest, I didn't. I took both my dslr and point and shoot cameras, and never took the big one out. The small one's battery died at some point so that was pretty much it. Luckily I had some battery left when we went to Paleokastritsa, a beautiful area of Corfu where this stunning rocky beach is. 


I'm not a fan of rocks, they scare me, and I didn't jump into the water (I know, a shame!) but the views were breathtaking. People walking around beautifully, laying on the rocks sunbathing and sipping refreshing drinks, others climbing on the rocks and jumping impressively onto the prettiest waters. What can I say, a unique place!


Fancy?

14 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous place! The water does not look real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gorgeous...that water looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the sand but this is definitely a magical scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my fave spots in Corfu, although it has been ages since I last visited! Lovely snaps, I can only imagine how hard it is to adjust to being back at work etc!
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is heaven! The perfect getaway!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. heavenly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my goodness, that is gorgeous. (I would have been afraid to jump too)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This remind me that it's time for my holiday. I love Greace

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, looks like you had a great holiday, Helena! This place looks AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very Slim Aarons of you! These would be beautiful blown up! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would you be able to tell me what ferry I could take to Corfu from Igoumenitsa ? I will be there in a couple of weeks but unable to find info. I would love any & all info you could supply me with. I will only be in Greece for 2 weeks. I love your blog !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chrys!

      I cant really help you to be honest as we always take the plane from Athens or London however I had a quick look and found some information here: http://www.corfu-kerkyra.eu/html/english/timetable.htm

      There is also a phone number you can call to make sure there is a boat on the day you want to travel and what time. However I'm pretty sure there are frequent boats.

      Good luck and have a good time, Corfu is beautiful!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover