Monday, August 13, 2012

Ashley's Favourite Holiday

Hello! My name is Ashley from the lifestyle blog, a {little} dash of ash! I am here today sharing one of my favorite holidays while Helena is off enjoying one for herself!  I am a big fan of "vacations" and I try to take a big one every single year! Some of my favorite trips include {Puerto Vallarta} with some of my girlfriends in March of 2011, {London} last September and most definitely the Dominican Republic with my boyfriend this past Spring! 

I wanted to share this special holiday with you because I would absolutely recommend this vacation spot and hotel to anyone - it was a perfect getaway!  I have been to a few different islands in the Caribbean, but this one was by far the prettiest!  Also, the hotel, Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe, was awesome!  It is located right on Barceló Beach, one of National Geographic's top 10 beaches in the world.  I kind of agree with them... how beautiful is this?!

My favorite beach pictures are from the morning we woke up extra early (to snag our favorite cabana) and watch the sunrise!

Not only were the beach fabulous, so were the pools!  We hung out at 3 different pools during our trip, the adult only pool (which was our favorite), the main pool with a swim up pool bar and the infinity pool at the spa.  I think my favorite thing about the pool was laying in the the pool beds!  They were actually super comfortable and just what you need on a hot day!  Loved.

The spa was AMAZING!  We had an entire afternoon there.  First we had some foot ritual that they like to do in the Dominican, then we had a couples massage and then spent the afternoon in the sauna, steam rooms, and our own private infinity pool for the day!

The food... the hotel is an all inclusive hotel and had your typical "ok" food buffets, however, I loved this hotel because on top of the buffets, you could choose to dine at 10 additional all inclusive restaurants.  They had every kind of restaurant you could imagine, Steak House, Mexican, Italian and our favorite, Japanese!  We went to the Japanese restaurant our last night there and sat with a group of people around a hibachi grill - it was so fun!  Oh, and our new favorite drink is this Brazilian lime drink called caipirinhas!! We also loved drinking fresh coconut water from coconuts that they cut down from the palm trees daily!  

I forgot to take photos of the rooms - but they were awesome too!  We had a junior deluxe suite that was modern with a beach twist.  Our favorite part of our room, the jacuzzi on our balcony with  a beach view! :)  Our "second room" was this cabana that we lived in during the day!  :) 

I think the photos speak for themselves on how beautiful this place is!  We absolutely loved it and are already talking about another trip back! But... not next year, because next year we will be heading to Paris for our Holiday... one of my dreams come true! :)  What is your favorite Holiday?  

Hop on over to a {little} dash of ash for daily inspiration on fashion, home decor and photography!
Thank you for having me, Helena! xxoo.


  1. Oh this looks like heaven! The water looks incredible as do those cocktails! So lovely to see Ash here today xx

  2. OH, YES PLEASE!! Looks gorgeous and I'd love to try drinking straight from a coconut. This looks exactly like what the Doctor order. She looks so happy. xo

  3. Oh wow that water looks so inviting!

  4. Totally keeping this in mind for a future trip.

  5. Tropical places like this are good to visit for its breezy wind and crystal clear water.


Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover