Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Good Bones, Good Pieces

Suzanne and Lauren McGrath are a mother-daughter duo who design and decorate incredible interiors. I'm sure you have all seen Lauren's apartment in New York. I blogged about it ages ages ago. They started a blog, where they share their thifting adventures,decorating tips and everything in between, their book, also called Good Bones, Great Pieces is as fresh as their personalities and a definite must if you like classic sophisticated decoration.

 

The book is divided in 7 chapters, and each explores the 7 essentials that will last you a lifetime. You wonder what these pieces are? The Love seat, the demilune table, the bench, the dresser, the slipper chair, the side table and the occasional chair. All the photos are  by Lucas Allen and are utterly gorgeous  perfectly showcasing all the details this duo can create beautifully.  I took some pics off the book but I highly recommend you go ahead and get the book, it's full of inspiration and I'm sure you will really enjoy it. 

13 comments:

  1. Great book introduction, Helena. This one is new to me! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic interiors! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post... Love duos like theirs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to put this on my to read list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute are they? Looks like a book you'd come across in Anthro. I'll definitely pick it up. Love how you are in the know. I always find the best tips from you. I think that's why your blog has such an amazing readership! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. the book sounds pretty useful! might be checking that out!

    grace
    http://herumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great inspiration! Thanks:)

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post!And amazing inspiration!Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE THIS BOOK! I was going to write a book review on it after I received it, but it looks like you beat me to the punch. ;) I still might write mine as I found this book to be so useful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The glimpses that you have doled out of "Good Bones, Good Pieces" are jolly inspirational. I especially love that blue sofa! I am definitely checking this book out. Cheers for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover