Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Let's run!

If you follow me on Twitter and/or Instagram you might have seen that over the weekend I decided to give running a go and try to convert my incredibly unfit self to someone who can run 5K. Obviously this won't happen overnight hence I'm following the C25K plan (Couch to 5K) and I'm determined to see it through. Main reason why I'm blogging about it, if I blog about it and have you as my judges and witnesses there is a much bigger chance I will manage to run 5K in 9 weeks. 
And so let me give you a bit of background. I have never considered myself fat or anything like that but yes, I am extremely unfit and un toned, I loathe going to the gym and have never managed to do anything sport related for more than an x period of time (insert 3 months, 6 months etc etc). BUT years go by and yes I am now 30 and finally ready in mind to tackle this big big adventure (for me!). I will try to blog once a week about how it's going and what the progress is (including some shopping, inspiration or something pretty of course!) I hope you follow me along and maybe I inspire one (or some!) of you to join me too? That would be incredible!



****
On a side note, I am a big believer of will power and motivation (why is why I made a Pinterest board and think of her (and her!) every time I'm about to give up) BUT I'm also a big believer of programmes and plans which is why I'm doing the C25K plan. I would also like to remind (or tell you in case you are new around here or missed it) that I quit smoking 20 months ago with the help of Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking, if you or a loved one wants to quit, please give it a go, it's pretty amazing!

13 comments:

  1. Best of luck Helena! I'm following now on Instagram! I know what you mean about blogging for accountability. I'm in the middle of a 10 day diet and detox myself. Great motivation with this C25K thing!

    xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Helena I saw your tweet this weekend and you've inspired me to get back at it. I started C2K in April and then life happened and I got off track. I've got my alarm set for tomorrow and I'm determined not to roll over and hit snooze.

    Twitter: @ecnorris
    Blog: entirelyelizabeth.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was getting back into the C25KM before I hurt my back in February. I can't wait to get back into it and can't wait to run the 5KM by the end of the year...hopefully. Good luck with your 5KM and I love the outfits you've picked! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's impressive! Training for an athletic event is tough. I like all your clothing ideas! I've tried the Nike's at the top and they weren't supportive enough but I love those Asics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate running. I did try it and it took me a long time to work up stamina. I keep thinking that maybe if I buy some cute gym clothes it might motivate me? Ugh. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very intresting and lovely blog!

    What do u say about following each others blog on Gfc and bloglovin just to stay in contact this way?

    Lots of love,

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow running stuff is so cute now -especially those runners I am almost inspired to go for one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helena,
    My sister and I started with the C25K program. It was fun and easy! If possible you should find a running buddy to help keep your goals intact. Once my sister and I ran our first 5K, we quickly went on to train for a 10K and we ran our first half marathon last fall. I'm 25 and my sister is 30, both have always wanted to get in shape. There is nothing more rewarding. Running is completely mental. You have to learn that the physical pain sometimes experienced wanes in comparison to the mental strength gained. A wonderful mantra I follow is that I got up and ran 3 miles today, what did you do?? It's cocky, but its oh so satisfying.
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to try all of this amazing gear!!! I'm working up a sweat already!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those Nike shorts are my all-time FAVORITES.
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. My boyfriend gave me a pair of trainers for my birthday and so now I've started running, or I should actually say jogging because it's not very fast! I've got a great route from my house with quite a few hills that only takes me 20min so I really have no excuse not to slot this in. I've found this really helps because I'm the queen of saying, I don't have enough time! Good luck Helena!x

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of this stuff makes me want to run just so I can buy it :)

    Glad I found your blog :)

    The Pretty Pinhead

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun-colored shoes and workout wear can really make a huge difference in your motivation. Love the first pair of Nike's!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover