Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Another Ikea Rast hack and new tray

Another day, another Ikea rast hack in the flat. This time it seats in the living room and serves as a chest of draws (extra storage!) but also as our makeshift home bar! The color scheme was inspired by this gorgeous credenza from the new traditionalists, I was going to go al black bold with gold hardware but I loved this combo. And what seats on top of it? Lovely trays courtesy of Nom Living, one of the thousands stores at Not In the High Street. Not on The High Street has everything you have ever dreamt, and everything under one "roof", stuff that you can't easily find elsewhere and I couldn't be any happier with my super cute trays adorning my new bar!

18 comments:

  1. Hi Helena - those trays are fabulous, what a great find. I might just have to invest in one myself. Great job on the rast hack too - I'm loving the whole look x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that an ikea dresser that you painted? I had heard that painting IKEA furniture really stinks because it peels and stuff. Did you have any problems? Do you have any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love, love that dresser. so chic. I really need to make it to an ikea!

    grace
    http://herumbrellla.com

    *visit, I'm having a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for sharing

    http://designs-article.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great little bar set-up there! ~ way to utilize your space and always enjoy your pics from IKEA!

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, what a great idea! As for the trays? Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it looks soooo nice! Love the IKEA inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home is quickly become very chic and cool. Could it be the star in a future online mag? I'm guessing yes! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi
    Fascinating views on that! very informative, Great looking site you have here and great post too.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the tray and the beautiful hot pink orchid!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you store your liquor, we could do with something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the tray idea for a mini bar! way better than having to buy an expensive cart!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm coming to your house for drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks fabulous, Helena!!! Seriously love it!

    Oh and happy bday! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. extra shortage always offers interesting allowances for fancy design. you get to express more of what you like to see. black seems to be better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover