Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Roaring 20's

Have you seen the new Heart Home magazine? I collaborated again with a fashion feature and my brief was "Spring trends". The one I knew I wanted to work an outfit around, was the Jazz Era trend, the Roaring 1920's. I loved the idea of the Great Gatsby period, the fun and flirty jazz era.

I was inspired by all the designers who stepped out the catwalks with gorgeous 1920's inspired designs. The loveliest ones are the Gucci ones in my opinion. Frida Giannini did an incredibly work and perfectly captured the wild, fun and ubber sexy feel of that decade.


Being the collection so gorgeous and really red carpet worthy lots of celebrities were seen in these super fab frocks. Zoe Saldana and Camille Belle are just two of them. These ladies seem just out the jazz era!


Etro and Ralph Lauren also presented a 1920's inspired collection, lovely feathers, tassels and beautiful creations travel us back to the Great Gatsby era, I think I need a flapper dress!

16 comments:

  1. I think the clothes and style from this era are just so classy and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Chic! Love this era...they had so much fun!
    http://kristinpeakeinteriors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite eras! The fringe the feathers, just makes me swoon!

    everswoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the 20's era, everything was so chic + glam. Love the look you created Helena! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't possibly pick one of these as a favorite -- I'm OBSESSED with 20s style, and Great Gatsby is one of my all-time favorites!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the glamorous 20's era - the ornate clothes and RED lipstick. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolute adore the 1920's styling and designs, it has to be the most exciting and flamboyant era because it was in between the two World Wars. This period is a significant time in women's lives. They had won the right to vote,they were more independent, better educated and had prospects, and this shines through in the expression and freedom of that period's style and design. Absolutely gorgeous dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous... I can totally see the era coming back in style. LOVE that Kate Spade clutch!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Great Gatsby era! I went to a party last year and it was so fun to dress up like that. I actually wore the dress I bought to a wedding after the event because I loved it so. :)

    Happy Tuesday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got to go to a 20's party this year and had so much fun dressing the part. LOVE Zoe Saldana's dress here. Gorgeous!
    Hope you had a lovely weekend Helena!
    x, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the 20's era, one of the best moments in design history, from fashion to architecture...crisis are bests times for creative people...Beautiful pics, Helena!
    Big hugs!
    Inés

    SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. every one of the gucci dresses are so spot on...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is one of the best decades for style. I love all the drop waist dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I could pull off a look like this but I feel like my curvy frame can't pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing dresses!!The style is great!Love the one-shoulder design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these looks right now! I am in love with the 20's look!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover