Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Let's Talk Beauty

One of my favourite beauty blogs is Into the Gloss. Thinking about it, it actually might be the only beauty blog I read. Not because I don't like beauty or anything like that, au contraire. What i love most about Into the Gloss is the The Topshelf section, where people in the known share their beauty products and secrets. I have learnt a lot I'm not going to lie. As I haven't done a beauty post in a while I thought it would be fun to share my (not that interesting but still) top shelf. 


Until not long I used Creme de la Mer as my moisturizer, and while I really want to go back t it soon I am now completely and utterly hooked to Rodin Olio Lusso (who isn't right? Thanks Caitlin for the intro). I love the feeling of it and the subtle smell, and even though it doesn't promise miracles I think it's an absolute must. 
I also use a toner by Aesop, it has Parsley Seed and it an anti-oxidant and while I'm not 100% what the purpose is, it removes any makeup leftovers after washing my face with Shu Uemura oil. I know some people don't like it because it has mineral oils (or so I read) but I absolutely swear by it, I have been using it for 10 years now and I'm not planning to give up. Once a week I try to use a mask by Ren, it smells really nicely and I like how the skin feels after.
When it comes to makeup I have added a coupe of new stuff into my daily routine, added some, changed some other. I use Benefit's Bo-ing concealer and Bare Minerals' classic foundation, this is another product I swear by, don't make me change cause you will fail. I love it to bits. 
My new addition is the Laguna bronzer and Orgasm blush, both by Nars (I've had a Nars crush for a while now). Before I used Chanel's Rose blush, really nice too. I curl my lashes with the Shu Uemura curler and apply a bit of mascara, either one by Susan Posnick or the Benefit They're Real mascara for a more dramatic look, it's really good. 


I'm not loyal to shampoos, well maybe I'm more than some other people but I tend to change it two, three times a year.
Lately I have been using Yes to Carrots, it's all natural without parabens, and cleans and smells nicely. I don't shampoo my hair everyday (finally! it has taken me years to be able to say and do that) but I use dry shampoo for the second day, usually the cheap Batiste one. 
I'm into my scrubs too, I love the salt Sanctuary one, BEST one ever, honestly and for the face the St Yves is keeping me happy. 
Longest post ever! What are your beauty products? I would love to hear especially about eye creams as I haven't been lucky so far! Which one do you use?
Pin It

18 comments:

  1. Dior eye cream is AWESOME. And your vanity setup is super pretty, Helena!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to try Rodin oil but it's too $$ for me to get addicted to right now lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shelf is so organized! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely things!! I haven't tried anything from NARS yet, but I think I might need too :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am obsessed with bare minerals, although in the humidity and heat of a GA(USA) summer my dermatologist talked me into trying revisions tinted moisturizer and fell in love. Recently, a friend introduced me to Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner and i'm hooked! I don't know if you can get birchbox (birchbox.com)in England but it's a lot of fun for trying new products! Is La Mer really all that it is hyped up to be???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth yes! La Mer is amazing, I just stopped using now that I'm using Rodin but I plan on starting again. Not sure how it will be on your climate though but I would definitely recommend it. What I wouldn't recommend is their eye cream.

      Delete
  6. Super lovely blog!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right now I'm using Dark Circle Fix by Nip & Fab (an UK line) but my favorite is Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado by Kiehl's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay beauty post, my fave type of posts;)
    As for eye cream I tend to just use my face cream I have used a few nice ones & if you like Say Yes to Carrots they make a good blueberry eyecream too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love IntoTheGloss as well! And I also love your countertop display.... it's much, much neater than mine :) I use Olay Regenerist eye cream...

    XX Kathryn

    http://lacoquettedelamode.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way you have your beauty products displayed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how organised it all is! I'm not shampoo loyal either, I heard it's good for your hair to switch up the brands you use anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you display your products, I wish I could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always wanted to try La Mer but its just too pricey. I tend to stick to drugstore brands. They are reasonably priced and its nice to be able to just take a quick trip to the corner store to restock. I really like the Olay line. I used the moisturizer everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't have any eye creams...it's one of those things I should buy...but haven't yet. May have to use some of your recs here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in love with Aesop as well and can highly recommend the Benefit tinted moisturiser for days when you don't want foundation - it is really fab and non drying. Sorry no eye cream reccs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know I love this, right?!? You display your makeup so nicely. Nice touch using the Diptyque glass for your brushes. I'm going to have to give that a shot :)

    Oh and as for eye creams, I use one that isn't on the market yet but Clinique All About Eyes is a great eye cream. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Bare Minerals foundation and Bo-ing concealer too. The eye bright by Benefit is awesome for hiding dark circles, (I use it under Bo-ing and you have to blend really well). I agree w/ Dawn that the Clinique All About Eyes is a great eye cream! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover