Wednesday, August 03, 2011

In my Kitchen: Paula from Two Ellie

I have been following Paula of Two Ellie and her family for a while now and it has been a very enjoyable ride. I love seeing her lovely kids grow up and how her home is developing. Paula's home style has the perfect dose of classic mixed with sophistication and cosiness, just what I adore in a home. Her kitchen is one of my faves, perfect color scheme, functional and pretty!


Eat in or out: I love to eat in. I find a good homemade meal to be perfection
Take away or restaurant: Take away is the next best thing to a home cooked meal. 
I cook for... My husband and two children ages 4 & 5. They are all picky in different ways! Drives me nuts on occasion, but have learned how to adapt. 

Healthy food: I personally am on a gluten free, low dairy, low grain, low starch, and low sugar meal plan for health reason. The rest of the family is on a version of this, but with them all being so picky it can be tough. 
Indulgence: A good piece of sea salt dark chocolate. 
Weekend Meal: Chili and Spaghetti are my go to meals for the family even if I can't indulge.  
Date Dinner: Used to be Italian until my diet change. Now we pick somewhere that has a good fish or steak. 
Quick fix: Zatarain's Jambalaya. I just add the sausage.
My must ingredients: Almond flour, it has been a life saver with my new way of eating. Honey, grapeseed oil, sea salt, and herbs. 
Spicy or Mild: Spicy!!! 

My kitchen is
Favorite gadget(s): The Kitchen Aid. Hands down best wedding gift ever! Still going strong 7 years later. 
In the kitchen, I couldn't live without: A good set of knives. Didn't realize it until we got a new set. ha. 
My cooking bible: the Gluten Free Almond Flour cookbook - Elana Amsterdam


My recipe:

Tomato, basil, and mozzarella salad is ever so perfect for the hot summers we have been having. It makes a great side or a full meal. Oh, and the best part is that you can't mess up.



As a meal for 1 (increase quantities to make as a side or for multiple people)
1 large tomato of your choice or a variety of heirloom tomatoes to take it to a whole new level
cube up some mozzarella.
Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste.
Sea salt + pepper to taste.
top with fresh basil

16 comments:

  1. thanks for having me Helena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! Sea salt and dark chocolate are such amazing flavors together. I love a salty sweet dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't beat a caprese salad! so yummy and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm yummy, that salad looks so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore Paula! I wish I was eating that salad right now. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your site - it's so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caprese salad-one of my favourite recipes for summer.
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally in love with her kitchen! Beautiful white subways, my favourite :)
    ~el

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her kitchen is just gorgeous and I love caprese!!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun to see Paula here, I love her blog! Great post tool, this salad is one of my favs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my favorite Summer salads!! Fun to see you over here Paula :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love her cozy kitchen too and those bar stools seem comfy and kid friendly. After I read sea salt dark chocolate I fixated on how much I wanted some and couldn't concentrate afterwards. ha ha! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tomato, basil, and mozzarella salad? My fave! So simple but so good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok her caprese looks delicious! And I always agree in a take out meal..so fun!! What are your thoughts on all things nautical?

    www.MrsCapretta.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That kitchen is fabulous!!! Love it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover