Tuesday, August 16, 2011

In My Kitchen: Megan from Honey we are Home

I was very excited when Megan from Honey We're Home agreed to take part in these Kitchen series. Her home is the epitome of beauty and obviously so is her kitchen. Simple, elegant, perfect place to cook an enjoy. 


Eat in or out: About 50/50.  Eating out has gotten a little more difficult lately with our 16 month old son who doesn't like to sit still or be quiet for long!
Take away or restaurant:  I like to eat at the restaurant- clean up is so much easier!  But I love to order in pizza!
I cook for ...  our family about 3 times a week.  Leftovers or eat out the rest of the week.

Healthy food:  grilled chicken salad with thai peanut dressing
Indulgence:  Ice cream! Haagen Dasz chocolate chocolate chip.
Weekend Meal:  lasagna 
Date Dinner:  Our go-to "date" restaurant is Morton's.  I love the tuna tartar, petite filet, and mushrooms.  With wine of course!
Quick fix:  caprese salad, brie cheese and crackers, hummus and pita chips


Favorite gadget(s):  Anthropologie timer.
My cooking bible: All Barefoot Contessa cookbooks.
My must ingredients:  Bangcock Padang Thai Peanut Sauce
Spicy or Mild:  Medium! :)

My kitchen is:  light and bright and the center of our home


My recipe:
Thai Chicken Salad

-Grill chicken strips in a grill pan
-combine with pre-washed romaine lettuce
-Add Bangcock Padang Thai Peanut Sauce with a little peanut butter and lime juice
-top with sliced almonds

18 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous kitchen! thanks for sharing! xoxo

    laura @ alittlebitoflacquer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazingly beautiful kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! Lovely kitchen...I LOVE haagan dasz! YUM.

    I want to try the Thai chicken salad, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would definitely enjoy cooking in this kitchen...it's gorgeous! Love Caprese salad!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this kitchen it is fabulous.beautiful staircase too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous kitchen (that staircase too!) I'm loving the quick fixin's some of my favorite snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a pretty, crisp kitchen! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great kitchen!!! i would cook there all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your kitchen ~ and the light pendants are amazing!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous kitchen, I'm in love with the pendant lighting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love her quick fix. Sounds delish.
    xo
    Alexa
    www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is quite a kitchen. I love those pendant lights.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that kitchen blows my mind! So open, airy and and gorgeous :) Hope you're having a great trip, sweetie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing! Your kitchen is BEAUTIFUL! I had to read it twice because I thought it was an image of a dream kitchen. LOVE! Newest follower. :)

    http://www.sincerelyarizona.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just came across your blog and love it. The kitchen design is so clean and I like the lights above the island.
    Cheers!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  16. this kitchen is absolutely incredible! just what i want for my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover