Tuesday, July 12, 2011

In my Kitchen: Amber from Amber Designs

Today I'm really excited to have Amber  giving us a peak into her kitchen. Amber blogs at Amber Design and has this amazing home and every little detail is really spot on. Im a big big fan of her design work and aesthetic and really delighted to have her here. 



Eat in or out:  We eat in almost every single night. We have a 2 year old so going out is rare. We make all of our meals and if you ask me they are nothing less than gourmet. It's more of a treat to go out then a normal occasion for us anymore.
Take away or restaurant:  I am a homebody, so take away. I like to dress up for a night out but eating a killer chinese in your PJ's on the couch is waaaay more fun.
I cook for: Well in my house my husband is the cook most nights. I cook for myself and my almost 2 year old when the Hubs is not around.
Healthy food:  When I am at home alone I eat really really heathy. I cook a mean Kale,zuchini,red cabbage and red quinoa stir fry. Slice an avacado on top and grate some cheese and you have a darn healthy meal.
Indulgence: Shrimp Alfredo pasta with a loaf of garlic bread and a pint of Hagen-Daz coffee ice cream to top it off.
Weekend Meal:  Anything we can grill! We are always outside and we constantly BBQ.
Date Dinner:  Sushi, Sushi, Sushi. If we can get a sitter Sushi is the first place we go.
Quick fix:  Anything from the Trader Joe's freezer section or brown rice and veggies.
Favorite gadget(s):  My De Longhi espresso machine!! Hands down without a doubt everything else is worthless without my morning latte.
In the kitchen, I couldn't live without:  See above about the espresso machine but maybe my gas range and 9' island comes in a close second ;)




My kitchen is: A fabulous entertaining kitchen for all our friends and family




My cooking bible: Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution...go buy it and you'll never need to look at another cook book.
My must ingredients: Jane's Crazy Mix Up Salt,Sesame oil, Soy Sauce.
Spicy or Mild:  Depends on the dish.
+++


My recipe:  Roasted Beets,Arugula, and Goat cheese Salad 
Pre Heat oven to 450 degrees  
 Roasting your beets:  Cut off the top greens and bottom roots and rub olive oil and salt onto each beet. Individually wrap each in tin foil and place on a bake sheet.







Roast for 40-45 minutes or until you can poke it with a fork and it feels tender.
Peel all of the beet skin off using the foil and place into bowl


Cut into cubes and put into your serving dish

Salad:
I buy all of my veggies from the farmers market in my neighborhood. I use wild arugula and a bit of spinach. Wash thoroughly and make sure to pat completely dry.
I like to kinda roughly break the arugula and spinach instead of chopping it with a knife.


Dressing:
I don't follow any rules with this dressing so just eyeball it until it tastes good: about a tablespoon of Sesame oil
About 2 or 3 tablespoons of Rice Wine Vinegar
About 1-2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce and a heaping tablespoon or 2 of honey 
salt and pepper


Whisk until mixed


Combine the arugula and the beets into a bowl. Drizzle the dressing and mix it all together.

Add Goat Cheese and Voila' Roasted Beets,Arugula, and Goat cheese Salad



18 comments:

  1. I love every inch of Amber's kitchen...so pretty, and the salad looks fabulous. Just what I wish I was having for dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that kitchen is a beautiful place!!

    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tile. And the roasted beet salad looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the black board doors... always wanted something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for having me Helena! I loved sharing your readers today!.
    Make sure you all come on over and follow my blog if you like what you see..
    xoxoxo
    www.amberinteriordesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her kitchen, especially the dark floors... beautiful. I love that she has a chalkboard w/a little one. It is the perfect way to keep them busy while cooking! That salad looks so good. I am off to follow her now! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow what a fabulous kitchen! I'd eat in ever night if I had one like that :) Loving this salad too. Looks delish! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. the back splash is to die for!and that rug..adore!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this series is amazing! marble backsplash, killer salad, dainty tattoo... me and amber need to bff. stat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jaimie Oliver has great cook books! Looks like a delicious meal. Love the carpet in your kitchen also.

    http://blog.badjoan.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That beet salad looks amazing - as does her kitchen! Yep, we rarely eat out anymore - with 2 kiddos it's more stressful to go out than to stay in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a cute kitchen and the recipe looks so yummy!x

    ReplyDelete
  13. i wish I had her espresso machine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE beets and I never know how to cook them correctly- this is perfect! Thank you so much for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy you featured Amber!! She is just a doll.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover