Tuesday, July 26, 2011

In my Kitchen: Adrienne from Dream Book Design

Some time ago I shared a small home tour of Adrienne's home. Remember? That beauty that Adrienne and her husband mostly built themselves? I purposely left the kitchen out as i wanted to share it here in the In My Kitchen and I'm glad I did as it's as beautiful as the rest of the house of Dream Book Design. Enjoy! 


Eat in or out: If I have the right ingredients at home, definitely eat in. I love to cook, I feel like I enjoy the meal so much more knowing exactly how it was prepared, and as weird as it may sound..cooking is super soothing to me. Although, I would never turn down an invitation to a great steak house.
Take away or restaurant: If I leave my house to eat food, I definitely eat there. Who likes doing dishes?! 
I cook for: My hubby J and I. And I cant believe i'm admitting this, but right now I am actually cooking green beans for one of my dogs as part of her diet. I NEVER thought I would be one of those people, but now I am. Thats embarrassing! 
Healthy food: I can honestly say I love eating salads. I have a salad almost everyday for lunch. But really, I also enjoy pretty much anything healthy 
Indulgence: To name a few-icecream, brownies, sour candy, beer, wine..the list goes on:)
Weekend Meal: homemade pizza or chili 
Date Dinner: We go to a local brewery called Four Peaks almost every weekend and order a quesadilla and a steak sandwich and salad and split it all. Super fatty and super delicious;) 
Quick fix: Tuna melt, Chicken and rice with Amino Acid {healthy substitute for soy sauce}, or salad 
My must ingredients: Garlic, Onion, some sort of meat, and any and all cheese 
Spicy or Mild: I used to be a wimp, and then I married J. He taught me how to appreciate spicy foods, which really means, I no longer had an option to be a wimp because he likes everything spicy! 
My kitchen is: The only part of our house that wasn't done by us! Other than that its a light, loft-style, comfortable place that I adore. 
Favorite gadget(s): My kitchen-aid, Magic bullet, and my crockpot. 
In the kitchen, I couldn't leave without: My open floor plan. Our old kitchen was super closed off, and now when the remodel it makes it a fantastic space for having get-togethers 



My recipe: This is P-dubs {aka Pioneer Woman} amazing simple enchilada recipe, its too good to be true.  (Recipe here and see Adrienne enjoying it in her cooking club).

14 comments:

  1. Dreamy! Love the brick, it makes the room feel so homey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kitchen is gorgeous. Is it wrong that most of the time I would have said takeout? I'm headed over to the homebtour now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Q&A posts. You get to know more about the blogger! I like the photos of the kitchen too. Very inspiring! Makes me want to clen up my kitchen. :)

    I'm hosting a package exchange over at my blog and I would be delighted if you can join in on the fun! Check it out! ;)

       ♥ Teresa ♥
    - Pretty Dandy -

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those black chairs in the dining room! They are perfect and so is everything else!

    -ryan
    thismustbetheplaceryan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that gorgeous brick wall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always dreamed of a kitchen with an island unit! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This house and kitchen are utterly magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Her kitchen is such a great place. Her home looks like it is such a fun and unique space. Loving the dark wood floors and white cabinets!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this kitchen! the exposed brick walls are amazing, as is the bar chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness the brick is so lovely!
    xo
    alexa
    www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for doing this feature on us!! You and your readers are too sweet!!
    <3,
    Adri
    Dream Book Design

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally dying over that exposed brick wall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful kitchen room and the house in general, it seems to be a huge house, I would love to have one like that, congratulations to Adrienne on that house!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover